Diamond Point Crash

andiflyit

Hi all,

these days I am doing a new install again because I now run FSX on Win10.

All seems to work well at PNW with most of the ORBX airports and Van+.

But I have one issue: When I fly from Vancouver or San Juan course 135 direction Seattle,

somewhere in between San Juan and Jefferson County over the water the sim crashes completely

with Jefferson County, Diamond Point and Sequim sceneries activated.

I've now deactivated Diamond Point in the scenery lib and it works.

Before I start deactivating items in the Diamond Point panel, does anybody know about this?

Cheers and always happy flying

Andreas

At various times people have reported this problem but there has never been a cause found or a resolution that suits everyone.  My suspicion is it may relate to traffic or ADE files in some of the add-on tubeliners' GPS data etc that causes conflicts, but I have no proof of that!  I'm just basing that on a similar crash situation in Australia where conflicting data in an add-on (duplicate ADE or similar I seem to remember) caused FSX to fail.

So, what you have is a situation where ORBX have developed a scenery that works for just about everyone but throws up random and very occasional conflicts with something, somewhere in some people's systems.  There's probably not much that can be done from a support point of view.

However, the first thing I would try is the same flight in a default aircraft.  If no crash, try another add-on plane etc.  If one of the planes causes this crash, that's where you can start investigating.

However, if a default aircraft causes the crash, then deactivating all add-on scenery, especially add-on folder, and gradually re-activating the scenery items one by one, should also be able to pinpoint where there's a conflict.

Cheers

Thank you John, I'll try the default aircraft, so far I used some aircraft addons, they do all the same.

The only scenery active is Orbx, no other ade or whatever files. And Jefferson County doesn't create any problem.

And when I fly in to Diamond Point from direction Seattle it works. 

But it's interesting to hear that others reported this as well.

Cheers

Andreas

So now I've done a flight from CYVR direction Seattle using the default Caravan and it crashed again.

This is on a line when passing Friday Harbor a little east via Jefferson County.

So I did the following: During install of the airports the Orbx installers couldn't write to dll.xml in my Win10.

So I had to add the entries for the objectflow modules manually using my xml editor.

I now deleted the one for 2WA1 so the module wouldn't work. The scenery remained active.

Now I did a flight again using the Carenado Seneca and it worked. It's the Diamond Point objectflow.

As far as I have watched this there is an older and a more modern style of object flow. The older one

needs to load the objectflow module and with the modern one the objectflow seems to be integrated

into the scenery files. Jarrad Marshall did update this for Anacortes because the newest version of it

doesn't need a module to load anymore.

Perhaps it would solve the problem to do this for Diamond Point as well.

Cheers

Andreas

• 2 weeks later...

And it's not the Diamond Point objectflow...

Now I've made some progress with my new Win10 installation and it all works.

Beside some adjustments in the cfg again there were 2 big issues:

1. It seems to be that FSX does not work properly with the UiAutomationCore.dll shipped with Win10.

This is located in \system32 and in \syswow64. I found this somewhere in the net and than downloaded

an older version and dropped it to the FSX root folder.

2. I've installed the newest graphics driver by Nvidia. The one which was installed by Win10 didn't work.

It seems that they still work on fixing some bigger issues in their Win10 drivers. So in this case the newest

driver is really the best.

This can be set to "resolved" I think.

Cheers

Andreas   

Archived