ftx configurator not working

greywolf

#FSS0189761  order number

Have had to instal several times trying to fix errors and now message tells me has  " been installed on same computer too many times"

I can instal terrains but ftx central will not load. Any ideas on how to fix . Thanks in advance

Hello Nick

I'll try to keep it short. When the FTX Central changed so you did not have to click on a different terrain, eg. Australia, the problem began with terrain loading time going up to 10 minutes from a previous 40 secs.

Then different things began to fail.

I formated the hard drive that flight sim was on and reinstalled everything, No change except scenery was screwed up. It got worse so I formated and reinstalled again and now I can install any one of the terrains that I have purchased but the at the end of installation  when it wants to instal FTX Central it says FTX Configurator has stopped working.I close that message and this is what comes up. I attached it below. This happens when I try to instal the librarys. There was one message that came up that said it had been installed too many times on same computer.  Hope I have explained well enough for you. Thanks.

error message.jpg

Well I must apologize for all the fuss, I was reading through the forum and somebody else had a similar problem and the answer was FTX Central needs Net4.5. As soon as I read that I knew what my problem was. cleaned out the old stuff,installed Net 4.5 and problem is solved. It will be interesting still to see how long loading terrain takes after fresh instal.

Again, my apologies for not noticing Net 4.5 sooner

Thanks to all

I've noticed that if I try to load from a saved flight instead of the default flight, something weird can happen and it takes forever to load, yet if I create that same flight again from the default opening screen it loads quickly.  Go figure!  Something to keep in mind.

Thanks John, I do know that when the ftx central upgraded to the newer version so you did not have to change from North America, Ociana or England etc, that is when my load times changed drastically. Will be interesting to see when next upgrade for FTX and the new tool comes out if anything changes. So far ,all is operating OK.

Archived