Floating textures with ENNK

jlsaghaa

Hi

I have a problem with ENNK for my first flight : some floating textures appeared around the scenery as you can see below

- ftx2 ok

- last orbx library applied

- run aec

- FTX Global, Vector, Norway and EU LC installed

... have tried with another plane : no change.

No problem with YMML i installed the same day. Tried different aera : no problem. This only appeared at ENNK.

2016-8-21_14-17-28-0.jpg

2016-8-21_14-18-20-789.jpg

2016-8-21_14-18-51-64.jpg

2016-8-21_14-19-19-316.jpg

2016-8-21_14-19-32-757.jpg

2016-8-21_14-19-43-196.jpg

2016-8-21_14-20-10-479.jpg

2016-8-21_14-21-4-907.jpg

2016-8-21_14-21-19-932.jpg

2016-8-21_14-21-24-867.jpg

Have a good flight

3 hours ago, jlsaghaa said:

Yes Tore, i have tackpack also. But what do you mean by Deactivation ?

Hi, you can not run tacPack at the same time as Narvik, without these texture problems. I don´t have tacPack myself, so I´m not sure how / or if it can be disabled without uninstallation. Maybe someone else knows?

Bad respons sorry to read that Tore !

If i had to suppres all the addon buyed before a newone from ORBX ...... i prefer to wait in the future to buy ORBX product ! i never had problem with tackpack with other product of other companies as flightbeam, taxi2gate, flytampa, FSDG, 29palms, etc ......

At least if an incompatibility is knowed (and seems it is the case here) the good way is to signal it. VRS Tackpack is not a little unknow freeware ....

I've hundred of orbx product (99% of the product) and very disappointed by such a respons.

ENNK is designed to be compatible with FSX and P3D as well as our Norway region. With that in mind there won't be a refund as the product is working as intended.

This post explains a bit more of how Tacpack behaves and can be disabled when you want to use it. Considering ENNK is not a military airfield or likely to be frequented by FA18s this sounds like viable solution. 

Thankyou Ed,

While I do not have TacPac, the solution / workaround sure is useful information. (Locked in my knowledge bank) I can only imagine how SammyH discovered that it was a crash detection module loaded by TacPac "VRS.DLL" that was causing these floating textures and transparent aircraft. The solution seems simple enough and what's more doesn't require un-installing TacPac or the SuperbugFA-18 for those who have it. Just don't load the module if not flying the SuperbugFA-18 and the scenery won't be affected.

I certainly have found this thread most enlightening and appreciate SammyH 's input in the link provided.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I do have the same issue with ENNK+TacPac in P3Dv3.

How do I manage to not load the module "VRS.DLL"?

Do I have to edit a configuration file or rename the file VRS.DLL?

Thank you very much for any help.

Kind regards

Oliver

Archived