Now you are back Richard.....

Richard, please oblige and look at this post I wrote a while back that need responding to. Since I posted this there have been several post about the compatibility of Pilots meshes with Vector. I just want to know if Ultimate is supposed to be compatible with Vector. Orbx base their products on elevations given with Global 2010 mesh, but Ultimate is even more detailed and nowhere does it state in it's sales info that it is not compatible with Vector. Please read the whole post as there are several queries asked that require an answer to.

Most obliged:

I am now using Ultimate, 3 set for the whole world, for more than two hundred airports and cannot find any elevation problem in using the configuration tool. Only for some houses over the ground outside the airports areas for a few Aerosoft airports, there is no problem on the elevation of the airport area and runway.

Cheers

Thanks for your input hkterry. You are correct in your observations regarding no problems in over 200 airports. It is not the one's with no problems that I am concerned about. It is the many others where there seems to be no corrective action possible. Elevation errors are very prominent in Colorado for example, but for you to find them would require extensive testing of that State and I am sure you have better things to do. I am talking about sink holes for lakes that then become mountains if you change the "enable/disable" setting in AEC plateaus that are exaggerated, lumpy edges to airports by the coast where the elevation is not correctable. I too have the whole world covered by Ultimate as I also have Vector covering the world. The AFM file that comes with Ultimate is supposed to not be used with Vector, but I find that sometimes they work. Go to RPML in the Philippines with Ultimate and Vector and you will see what I refer to as lumpy edges around parts of the airport perimeter. Then take the DX_RPML bgl file from the AFM folder and place it in Local Meshes. The airport is flat and no lumpy edges. There is no RPML in the Vector AEC tool, so you don't have a choice to either enable or disable it.

You mention the configuration tool, I assume you mean the Vector AEC?

Archived