OpenLC NA Not Working...

Good day everyone!

Yesterday i purchased OpenLC North America for FSX, and allowed all 4 parts download overnight. The next morning i open them and find only one of them (Part 4) has an installer, and that's the FFS Wrapper. In all the other files i simply got files without an icon, and under type they're 'File 1' 'File 2' etc. - Is this normal, and if so where do i put them? 

So i simply open up the FSS Wrapper and install, put my product key in etc. and all works fine, it completes and i hit finish. I go to FSX to check out the volcano in Mexico (Popocatpetl), however i find stretched and overlapping textures that followed my trail of flight - however the volcano looked fine. At this point i close FSX and download FTX Centeral 2.0, as in version 1, OpenLC NA didn't show up. In version two, there it is, all updated and fine, i re run the FSS Wrapper to see if that would fix the problem, start up FSX and decide to do a flight from KJFK to KBOS - However it looked the same to me, default terrain, bland, and the ORBX night lighting was un-existing.. 

YES - I do have FTX Global installed

YES - I have other FTX products that work fine (EU England, Shoreham)

YES - I used the recommended settings 

If you have any other questions please let me know, any help will be great!!!

Sincerely, A380adrian 

First step here should be to download the ORBX LIBS from the FTX Homepage site (link above)Support tab.  Run the libs.  It will install the latest FTX Central, and will run any routines necessary such as scenery migration to the unified lc lookup regime.  If there is no migration (DOS windows appear for a while) search for forced migration on these forums.

Any multi part ORBX scenery that has multiple parts should be downloaded into a folder, and any zip file should be then unzipped INTo that folder, it should then appear as an exe file.  Running that with the 2, 3, 4 sections etc in the same folder is the correct install procedure.

Should you still have problems with scenery elements such as night lighting search the forums for the particular issue, chances are there's a solution already posted.

Cheers

You need to unzip/extract all four archives (.zip) into a temporary folder and then run the .exe.

The file list should be:

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.1

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.2

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.3

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.4

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.5

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.6

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.7

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.8

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.9

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.10

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.11

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.12

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.13

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.14

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.15

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.16

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.17

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.18

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.19

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.20

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.21

OrbxFTXopenLC_NA110.exe

11 hours ago, John Dow said:

First step here should be to download the ORBX LIBS from the FTX Homepage site (link above)Support tab.  Run the libs.  It will install the latest FTX Central, and will run any routines necessary such as scenery migration to the unified lc lookup regime.  If there is no migration (DOS windows appear for a while) search for forced migration on these forums.

Any multi part ORBX scenery that has multiple parts should be downloaded into a folder, and any zip file should be then unzipped INTo that folder, it should then appear as an exe file.  Running that with the 2, 3, 4 sections etc in the same folder is the correct install procedure.

Should you still have problems with scenery elements such as night lighting search the forums for the particular issue, chances are there's a solution already posted.

Cheers

Thanks very much for your quick reply! I believe i have installed it in the wrong order, for example i installed the FFS Wrapper before getting ORBX LIBS and getting the updated FTX Central, i put all the downloaded files into a folder AFTER running the FFS Wrapper, currently i am re-downloading all the files into a single folder, hopefully this install will happen correctly and it will overwrite and missing/broken files in the download. I have a problem, however. I have the files named

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.1

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.2

etc. 

But i misunderstood what they were meant for, and opened a couple with internet explorer, getting rid of the decimal at the end, and making the icon internet explorer. When i re-download them, will they be back to normal?? If not, how can i revert these files back?

Once again, thanks for your reply, and yes, i am a slight idiot, i'm sure 99% of people who've downloaded this hasn't had these problems haha

2 hours ago, pchamney said:

You need to unzip/extract all four archives (.zip) into a temporary folder and then run the .exe.

The file list should be:

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.1

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.2

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.3

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.4

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.5

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.6

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.7

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.8

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.9

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.10

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.11

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.12

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.13

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.14

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.15

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.16

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.17

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.18

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.19

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.20

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.21

OrbxFTXopenLC_NA110.exe

I have a problem, however. I have the files named

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.1

OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.2

etc. 

But i misunderstood what they were meant for, and opened a couple with internet explorer, getting rid of the decimal at the end, and making the icon internet explorer. When i re-download them, will they be back to normal?? If not, how can i revert these files back?

Thanks very much for confirming this

Extract the four downloaded zip files into a single folder that you've selected or created, even C:\Temp is OK.  Make sure you have all the files as above in  PChamney's post.

Then, double click the .exe file and go through the FSS install process (you probably won't need the order number as you have already installed once).

You can start the sim to let it rebuild the scenery database.

Run the ORBXLibs download, and it should do whatever it wants  including a migration sequence and then it will open FTX Central 2.

You can close it and start the sim, and it should once again rebuild the scenery database, and you should be right to go.

If not, then come back for some more instructions/suggestions :-)

We've tried re-downloading all the parts to the download, however the problem with the files being opened with Internet Explorer has not been resolved, here's a screenshot showing our problem. The installer won't use the files with the Internet Explorer icons, these are causing problems.

Any tips? We followed your instructions exactly.

Thanks

Capture.PNG

You will find files much easier to identify if you open Windows File Explorer, go to View options and

deselect "Hide extensions for known file types".

For example, the top file in your list will then read OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.exe and all the other files will

have their.XX suffixes.

You can see that the three that you have associated with IE are now "known" and have no suffix which

makes them all look the same.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You need to remove the file associations with Internet Explorer (not contained in the instructions:))

Open your registry editor (regedit.exe) and navigate to

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\

Look for .1 then .2 and finally .12.

Delete all three registry entries and you should have removed the file associations with IE.

Run the installer again.

Thanks very much for the reply, i did what you said, however it's still an IE file and the icon is still that of IE, however the suffix (.1, .2, .12) came back, we ran the installer again, but it just didn't look any better. I will do some more experimenting, as it could be my close proximity to the ground, and area i'm in. Any suggestions on the best areas for fields, where the different colors are really bold?

59 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

It seems my reply was incomplete.

Please visit this link which will lead you through how to fully remove file associations.

I'm sorry, however, some of the instructions in the link you sent are a bit confusing for me, could you reply to me with instructions that associate with my problem, in layman's terms, if you could that would be great!

To be honest, I think the instructions are as well written as they could be and I don't think

I can do any better.

Setting up an incorrect file association is regrettably easy to do and more complicated to remove.

Changing an association is very straightforward but would leave you with the same problem.

You need no association, as it was before you added the one to IE.

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

To be honest, I think the instructions are as well written as they could be and I don't think

I can do any better.

Setting up an incorrect file association is regrettably easy to do and more complicated to remove.

Changing an association is very straightforward but would leave you with the same problem.

Ok, i'll give it a go, i really appreciate all the help that you've all given to me, if problems continue, i will post more questions, if not, then thanks all!

10 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

I can do any better.

Now i believe you've created a problem, because now i've deleted the .1 .2 .12 extensions in the regedit.exe, the cmd prompter can't find those extensions, so now there's no way i can delete them, unless you know a way around it...

This is a total nightmare

It doesn't matter, just go through each step until they are all done and the installer should work.

When you have finished, if you double click on any of the three files, you should see a message

saying that Windows cannot open the file.

This is a good thing and should leave it for the installer to do.

32 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

If you double click on .2 and .12, does IE try to open them or does Windows say it can't open them?

I fixed it! I simply uninstalled IE, which did the trick! I opened the installer again, HOWEVER, it still seems not to have worked, or atleast most of it hasn't.. Below is a screenshot showing 1 mile from Raleigh-Durham airport, it shows an EXCELLENT piece of dirt terrain, however it's cut off quite abruptly (doesn't look natural) by what seems to be default scenery, i really need some help now. All the files are there, everything is installed, including ORBXLibs. Whyyy? Should i re-download all the files once more, should i reinstall ORBXLibs then run the installer again?????

Sorry for all this mess, but this needs to be fixed!!!!

Capture.PNG

Archived