Please help me figure out if NA Traffic is working for me

MD_Flier

I have FTX NA GA AI Traffic V1.20 March 2014 installed. I also have Global, Vector, SCA, NCA, and PNW installed. In addition, I use WoAI. I have tried sitting around at quite a few of the airports in all 3 regions, as well as at some of the freeware airports in other parts of the country looking for some GA traffic. I haven't seen any. None. I have plenty of airliner traffic appropriate for the part of the country that I am sitting in.

My GA slider is set to 100 in settings. I have run FTX Central and set the appropriate NA Traffic config options, too. 

I see lots of static GA aircraft, but they never move. Help!

screen.jpg

Did you by any chance convert the WoAI traffic to FSX format? The WoAI installer adds traffic still in their FS9 format which will cause FSX formatted traffic to not show up. To check, go to where you have your AI Traffic.bgl's added (most commonly default at scenery/world/scenery) and move your WoAI traffic bgl's to a temp or other folder on their own. Restart the sim and have a look around Seattle or Portland etc.

What many do is to convert their WoAI traffic to FSX format which will then show up in the sim alongside the FTX traffic as well as operate on the correct days of the week which in the FS9 format will be a day off.

One of the best tools to convert FS9 traffic files is AIFP which is free and available here. http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=AIFP

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to report back. It is working fine NOW. 

Dave - you were correct, sir. It appears that although I ran AIFP and converted all of the flight plans, I apparently neglected to move the converted plans into the appropriate FSX folder. I was still running ALL of the original unconverted WoAI FS9 flight plans. Fortunately, I have over 100 airlines installed so there was always plenty of traffic around. I deleted them, and copied the converted ones to the folder. All is well...

Silly question for the Orbx folks. I noticed that the NA Traffic Package is no longer present in the freeware downloads section. Are we getting an update? Or did you discontinue it? 

Graham

A month or so ago, I downloaded the AU and NA Traffic packages but (like some other products I got at about the same time) never got around to installing them.

Was the discontinuance of the NA Traffic package for any reason which would suggest that I should not now belatedly install it (when I am installing the AU one)?

Gary

Archived