RE-installation not working

Pastor David

Before answering - I have read the FAQS, and followed the 'uninstall ORBX'.

Had a problem with Prepar3d, and was forced to re-install from scratch.

Trying to 're-install' any ORBX products is now a problem.  There are errors and messages about incorrect versions.

One can only assume that we are installing from 'original' ORBX products, but the updated Configurator(s)

are upgraded and not compatible.  Also.....the 'MIGRATION' process causes an issue with the original files.

How are we to re-install from 'original'  files now ?

Please try this yourself....... I'm sure as a support person, you must have a 2nd computer that you can test this on.  At least a 'test system'

It's not a problem that can be handled by continual questioning.  As a DEVELOPER / PROGRAMMER / ENGINEER , You need to experience it,

This is a HUGE problem for anyone that attempts to re-install

Asking me to give you error messages, does nothing at all to resolve this issue. 

As I previously stated......and now in a different fashion.....the updated FTX Central & Migration program CHANGE the

original files.  BUT, without being able to completely uninstall (registry ???) ORBX cannot be re-installed.

I'm sorry, I cannot help you with

Trying to 're-install' any ORBX products is now a problem.  There are errors and messages about incorrect versions

there simply isn't a question there.

I am asking you for the detail of error messages because they often will offer a clue as to what has gone wrong.

One can only assume that we are installing from 'original' ORBX products, but the updated Configurator(s)

are upgraded and not compatible. 

You will need the latest installers if you wish to install to P3D v3, all of which can be downloaded from your Flight Sim Store account page.

Why did you bother replying ?  You have wasted your time, and my time.

You obviously did NOT understand the significance of the problem.  

Are you SUPPORT ?  Or a PROFESSIONAL of any sort ? 

Or are you just one of those 'instant experts' that has to answer everyone.....and.....

when you have NO idea what is going on.....you ask more questions or give ludicrous answers.

If you aren't "support"....then please stop answering. 

David, I suggest you to have another way of dealing with support instead of this BS. Hope you understand now after reading this message

Right on. I manage a help desk. If you want help, act like it. 

If I had a nickle for everyone that ever told me, "Of course, it's plugged in." 5 minutes before I plugged it in... 

Pastor David - There is no question in your post. What makes you think that anyone would be able to duplicate an issue based on that somewhat lacking description? Post the full text of 3 of those messages and give these folks something to work with.

Bless you. You need it.

Hi Pastor David

Just a quick suggestion if you want to start from scratch again, which may save you time in the long run:

Use the uninstall programs to uninstall your P3D program.  THEN... you will need to go to the P3D folder and remove it completely, as the uninstall of the program will not remove the add-ons such as OrBX.

Now, you will have a computer in the same state as when you first installed the program, and you can install P3D and then the ORBX products one by one, which should all work perfectly as long as you are using the latest versions from your FSS account.  It's a good idea to space it out over a few days, install a product, go for a fly, enjoy that scenery, then move to the next one etc.

Or, you can provide the information requested above and continue the process of finding out what in your computer is causing the problem.

Archived