KORS ditches

Gollum

Hi   I have just updated to WIN10 and reinstalled my ORBX airfields etc . Everything seems to be working fine ; Having looked on the ORBX web site at Orcas Isle KORS it seems to be      different  than what I am seeing . The airfield in my version is surrounded by ditches ( Picture attached) is this correct ??  

Regards

orcas1.JPG

FTX Central\Settings\Tools\FTX Vector Configuration Tool.

Open this and select Airport Elevation Corrections.

Type your ICAO code into the box at the top of the left hand list.

The airport ICAO code will appear in the box below.

Highlight it and click on Disable>>

Click on Apply and wait for the process to finish.

Thank you Nick . It looks like I have a problem with FTX Central The AEC option isn't their , also I tried to open the FTX Central set up and got an error message .

see attached , any help will be appreciated .

Thanks

FTX CENTRAL.JPG

FTX CEN 2.JPG

I suspect that there is an error in your Windows registry, I do not know of any other reason why

FTX Central should be looking for a non-existent folder.

The error is the \FLIGHT SIMULATION\ part which should not be there and will be unique to your PC.

Hi Nick .. I am sure that you will be right,    The `Flight Simulation` part is a second USER . I have created two USER`s on my PC one is me,  where all my usual things sit ie      Microsoft Office etc . The other USER `Flight Simulation` is where my Flight sim icons are and where I play and install Flight Simulation which is on a separate SSD `G` drive.

Is there a solution to my problem ??

Hi Nick ;  I have deleted the ORBX folder : I reinstalled KORS just to see if it looked any different, but it still has the ditches .which is where I started this problem.

Where do I get FTX Central so I can reinstall it ?? I looked on the ORBX web site but couldn't see it .?? 

Thanks Nick you did your best .. I am now back to where I started, I still have an elevation issue at ORCAS , but my Flight sim looks good and my FPS is OK  . So perhaps I should count my blessings and enjoy a difficult landing with ditches all around.

Last question is the AEC available anywhere ?

Regards

Nick    We Have Solved It !! 

Your comment about ADE_FTX_PNW  rightly or wrongly made me think that the problem might lay with PNW and not the airfield ;  My version of PNW is the older boxed      version so when I reinstalled it, I also ran the 005 and 008 updates:  So I decided to run the two updates again and that has fixed it .

The problem could have been my fault during the installation I don't know , but if anybody else has the same problem here is a solution .

PS I haven't checked any other airfields yet and I haven't ran the libraries again .

Thanks for your help .

Regards     

Archived