AU BLUE Freeware Airports release soon ... sneak peek!

Wow, looks amazing.  Cant wait.  BTW, the other hotfix updates have been great.  Fun looking for the lighthouses, and the towers, very nice addition.  Still cant believe how good FTX is.  :o

Guest AJT67

Nice work!

I've flown into Ravensthorpe and Merimbula in the past. Looking very good indeed John, superb product.

Andrew.

Thanks guys

They're just the easy ones to get to!  (with AFCADs).  There're over 50 other, more-hidden strips to find.  My favourite is Ceres YCES, just W of Geelong.  It's a curved, narrow dirt strip - wonderful for circuits in the Marchhetti.

Re: near Perth.  I bet there are some goodies to do round there (remember Westsim's lovely Jandakot and Murrayfield for FS9?).

I'm hoping to get Triton interested in the area.  You'll note he's been posting some superb "taster" shots of his proto-fields.  He's rather clever and will be bringing his own personality and innovation, I'm sure. (ears burning, Maurice?).

I also have another rather bright cookie coming round Saturday morning to learn the ropes.  He has a real-world architectural background and a particular interest in the SEQ region.

I'm itching to fill AU Gold but will keep doing strips (more slowly?) for AU Blue 'til the textures and LCs stabilise in the Gold Beta.

Is there anywhere we can view this John. Would love to know what airports to expect.

Wes, I think that's part of the mystique or attractiveness of this pack, that exact locations are not going to be available.  I believe that Mark and the team are going to give us a table with directions and distance to the new fields from an existing published field and we will have to find them.

Personally I can't wait...  Brilliant stuff Orbx guys and thanks again Mark.

Cheers,

Is there anywhere we can view this John. Would love to know what airports to expect.

Wes, I think that's part of the mystique or attractiveness of this pack, that exact locations are not going to be available.  I believe that Mark and the team are going to give us a table with directions and distance to the new fields from an existing published field and we will have to find them.

Personally I can't wait...  Brilliant stuff Orbx guys and thanks again Mark.

Cheers,

rgr maxter,

with the GA freeware fields package there is documentation with instructions as to how to get to those fields ;D

Guest J van E

Er... I see pictures of Hobart... I thought ALL the upcoming airfields were little ones that won't show up in FSX database, but apparently also some already existing airfields which WILL show up on the GPS get a makeover? How many of the airfields are makeovers of already existing ones? I know, I know, I can wait until the addon is released and all will be revelead. But I don't wanna wait!!! ;)

Hey what can I add to all this, not much other than that Mark has been working his b&%# off on this one and it is showing for sure, of course not just Mark but I just wanted to make special mention of him.

Mark Lee has done most of the work for this pack, but I also need to mention Barry Meiklejohn (4-5 airfields), and Martin Henare, Paul Steed and yours truly (YLIL Lilydale and YMHB Hobart).

But yes, this is truly Mark's pride and joy and he deserves all the kudos for his creative burst and incredible speed with which he creates these fields.

Over the coming months Orbx will be holding workshops led by Mark to show budding developers how to quickly produce these photoreal airfields. Mark is a teacher, and very patient. Just don't get him in a grumpy mood LOL!

Does Hobart International include the recent 15 million dollar upgrade? I thought hobart would have a bigger terminal as well but it seems that it doesnt.

Oh, and completely off topic, have you guys heard about YSSY being voted the worst airport in Australia?

The freeware YMHB is *very* basic. We only added photoreal ground, full annotation of trees and auxillary buildings. The terminals are all 100% default. At some point we will do a payware YMHB but it's not on the top of the list right now, thus this freebie :)

There is a VOZ YMHB but it's for FS9 and kills FPS in FSX unfortunately. We have all the models from the VOZ project so an interim step may be to port the VOZ version to FSX in the meantime. Rob Neiwenhoven could well tackle that over the coming weeks/months, if he has the time.

looking good guys.

Slightly off topc here, But any chance of doing YBBS one day, Bacchus Marsh Airfield West of Melbourne, Also includes Geelong Gliding club.

I did some scenery for FS2004 with help from a guy called Jeff, but we both never got around to finshing it, challenging airfield to create, especially runways.

Merimbula looks good - I think I can even see the bridge over the lake to Merimbula itself.  I wonder if Ill be able to see the kangaroos in the bunkers at the golf course near the airfield?

Pambula-Merimbula is one great place.  I spent many happy summers at the Pambula Beach caravan park as a kid.

cheers

Murray

Archived