How to delete Devils Tower ?

Louis

Any chance some one can guide to  the path to remove Devils Tower? . I want to free up a little space ,  North Am land class took a major bite , i've tried and tried but just can't find the proper path to get me to delete it . I will tell you that North Am land class is real good and no hit on the system -big difference.

Hi Louis,

I suspect you'll need to find the bgl and texture files.  If it's Orbx, I could be wrong, but I doubt you'll be able to get to them and even if you can, would probably not recognise them for the ones pertaining to the Devil's Tower.

Sorry.

John

I

2 hours ago, Louis said:

Any chance some one can guide to  the path to remove Devils Tower? . I want to free up a little space ,  North Am land class took a major bite , i've tried and tried but just can't find the proper path to get me to delete it . I will tell you that North Am land class is real good and no hit on the system -big difference.

I would first delete it from your scenery library in the sim, then proceed as Dappers suggests.

Although the is an old post by Holger it covers deletion of ORBX scenery.

"basic uninstall for any FTX scenery addon

set FTX Central to default/Global, don't forget to hit "Apply"

fire up fsX, let it rebuild it's scenery Dbase

go to the scenery CP of fsX and delete the entries you want to un-install

hit OK and WAIT till the scenery Dbase is rebuild, close fsX

with windows Explorer:

Go to the => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX folder, open the region folder(AU,EU,GLOBAL,NA,NZ,OLC,PI, VECTOR) of which you want to un-install the scenery,

delete the folder of the scenery you want to un-install

Go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts

delete the scenerylib_XX_XXXX.cfg file for the particular addon you want un-installed

delete the orbx_cpl_XXXX.xml file for the particular addon you want un-installed

right-click the FTXConfigurator.exe and select to "Run as Administrator", you will not see anything happening as it is a silent application

Go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\User Documents\Versions

delete the entry for the addon you want to un-install FTX_XX_XXXX.TXT

close windows Explorer

open FTX Central select the region you want to fly in and hit "Apply", close FTX Central

fire up fsX, it will rebuild the scenery Dbase, select the field you have un-installed and it should be back to default,

one small remark, as the payware sceneries come with a registration key, the registry key for the scenery that has been un-installed will stay present in the registry, hence when you decide to re-install the scenery it will not ask for your licence key again, unless you wipe the whole registry which is not recommended to do"

John and Dapper i tried all that and also in the  'FTX_NA' folder there is no Devils tower at all . So what i've done is what Stewart said - i deleted it in the library, cause what spud is saying i don't really know if i want to go into it that deep . 

Archived