Southern California

MotoDave

G'day Dave,

A couple of suggestions;

1. Have you installed the recent KPSP update, and if so, have you ensure to set your control panel to the correct SCA/Global compatibility mode? 

2. Make sure your ORBXlibs are up to date, and if you are still experiencing morphing textures, I'd suggest running (or re-running) the Migration Tool to ensure your setup is up-to-date. 

3. The chiselled flatten near Banning is an unrelated issue, please find info from a previous thread here

Let me know how you go,

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi, Dave.  Flew a round trip Palm Springs to Banning and back last night and didn't see any of the problems you have highlighted.  Not sure where that "chiselled flatten", as Jarad calls it, it, but I didn't see that either.  Flew the thing in broad daylight, just to make sure, but no joy.  Sorry, mate.

Good day Jarrad, and thank you.  I do have the latest libraries installed and migrated.  My versions of KSPS are (100 plus 110).  I'm assuming from our conversation that the area in question is all a part of your KSPS scenery.  Perhaps I should reinstall both versions plus re-run the library.

Stewart, thanks for checking.

I forced a reinstallation of the airport in question, plus the patch, the latest library, and also forced another migration.  I can report a pyrrhic victory.

- dry creek beds (before Banning) seem to be drawing out correctly

-still a major ledge and drop off at the end of Banning airport runway

-huge brown areas in the last few screen shots (the bedroom communities past Banning) now draw out as (apparently) golf courses

-they (golf course textures) do not blend in to the scenery very well

G'day Dave,

By your accounts, everything seems to now be in order, which is great to hear. The area you were having your problems with is the border of KPSP and Southern California (or FTX Vector/Global for those that don't have SCA).. I suspected the issues were caused by an incorrect/incomplete migration, and it seems like forcing another migration may have been the resolution. A couple of extra points;

1. The "chiselled ledge" I mentioned is one-and-the-same you have found issue with at Banning airport - this is has been noted for a future service pack; the link I gave in my previous reply shows a previous discussion if you are interested. 

2. The clear-cut golf courses are part of the SCA region scenery, and any abrupt transition you might find between that and the surrounding urban areas is a design limitation of the landclass/vector based terrain system - it's the nature of the beast, so to say. 

Hope this answers your last couple of points, and I hope you get many more hours of enjoyment with KPSP and SCA :)

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived