ORBX FTX EU England EGLK Blackbushe & Carb icing!

Dreamsofwings1

So departing a rainy and murky EGLK Blackbushe for what was supposed to be sight seeing of the new AS16 +ASCA clouds but ends up being something of an emergency.  All down to pilot stupidity of course.

(I do like the standard EGLK in FTX EU England but if there are any designers out there up for it would love to see something as good as EGTF)

Great flight and nice instructional video.  I've heard that engine miss a few times myself!  :o  Thanks for closing the side vent window ... besides the noise it was getting a little wet in the back seat.  And great that you found a hole in the clouds to descend through.  I went up through one in a Tripacer and lost all visual contact with the ground ... scary.  Loved the clean bright and wet scenery too.

Yes never a good idea to fly in rain with the vent open.  It isn't conducive to passenger comfort or flight deck noise levels!!!

I was just delighted in the realism of it all.  I loved that I didn't respect the aircraft and got punished as a result!  Had a good laugh at myself that it took me so long to work it out, just never occured to me that carb icing like that would occur in the sim.  Should have known, especially with this particular aircraft.

Archived