A brief N.A. OpenLC comment;

Orbx Flyer

Well, the short and skinny is just this...

I anticipated that this would have the Orbx Production Jazz 'n Polish.  I expected that.

What I didn't expect, was just how simply fabulous the North America transformation would actually be, post-install.

Where ever I have flown, post install,  the scenery around airports, just looks so true real-world.  The subdivisions,  urban, as well as rural, for the first time, look believable, and in so being, has ratcheted up the 'as-real-as-it-can-get'------ two hundred, or three hundred percent from what it was, pre-install.

To the Orbx Umbrella Team....well done...so very well done.

Question, will EuropeLC now get a makeover and refresh to match the glory that is now North America?

2 hours ago, PNW User said:

Question, will EuropeLC now get a makeover and refresh to match the glory that is now North America?

We had this question in another thread already. There's indeed quite a differene in quality now, notably in the interplay with FTX Vector. 

Being from Europe, I second this in any way. However, my optimism is limited as it supposedly comes down to EITHER rework OpenLC EU OR prepare the next Open LC XX, whichever.

Kind regards, Michael

I was about to post my "OpenLC Na Crush" thread, and then I saw this, so allow me to add that ORBX did something incredible with Chicago, a city I could barely fly around in the past.  Last night, I took a huge chance and bought FlyTampa's KMDW, and performed a short hop from KMDW to KARB (KDTW was intended).  The initial climb out of Midway, gave way to a superb view of Chicago, complete with greater detail than ever...I even think my computer was in awe.  From there, my rather relaxing flight took me over Michigan and what can I say, Michigan looked very accurate, the color just popped with the combined power of ASN's cloudy weather.  Despite my lack of great judgement, my flight was cut short and I landed at KARB, not realizing that it had the ORBX treatment.

Overall, a rather enjoyable flight recorded, now the second one I've taken with OpenLC NA.  The first being a wuick flight from KHEF to KROA.  Flying down through the Appalachians, the Blue Ridge, it was all a very scenic flight, and of course, zero issues with tiles, blurries and anything else that was an issue before.

NA is a pretty big area and despite my localized flights, I plan to expand, hoping to zero in on some other great scenic locales.  i know John V mentioned dusk flights around Vancouver and Toronto, which I may have to do (save Vancouver, since I don't have a proper airport for that yet).

ORBX did well, I tip my hat.

Archived