My installers do not detect FSX SE

NeilG

HI,

I've been doing allot of uninstalling and installing and I seem to have caused myself an annoying problem. I have P3D v3 installed and most of my FTX are installed there perfectly normall. However, I have tried to then instal some FTXl onto my FSX SE installation. In this effort I found that none of my installers (Ive tried Global, Europe, Vector and NA), seem to dtect the existence of FSX SE, they only seem to detect P3Dv3 and give me only that option to install into.  FYI my OS is on disc C, so is P3Dv3, and my FSX SE is on disc E, However, it  has never failed to detect FSX in the past.

Hope you can help.

Orbx - FTX: Global

Orbx - FTX: NA Gold USA Central Rocky Mountains

Orbx - FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Northern Rocky Mountains  

Orbx - FTX: Global VECTOR

Thanks

Neil

Thank you for the response Nick. I had already tried that one as well. However, I have linked FTX Central to FSX SE using the FTX registry repair tool and it has thrown up the following error file which I hope you can make sense of. It is FTXC_error_215

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: The invocation of the constructor on type 'Orbx.FTXCentral.MainWindow' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Regions'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.RegionSwitch.UnifiedMigration.RegionsInstalled()
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.RegionSwitch.UnifiedMigration..ctor()
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.MainWindow..ctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.App.Main()

Nick,

I used the tool you recommended again and I must have done something incorrect the last time because this time it seems to have done the job.  FTX Global has certainly detected something it describes as FSX, rather than FSX FE, but if it installs it into FSXFE all the same then I don't mind. 

Thanks for your help, I hope this means matter is resolved but I'm installing as we speak

When FSX Steam Edition is installed onto a PC where there has never been a copy

of FSX disk edition, it uses the same registry entries and external folders as FSX does.

For this reason, if it is the only version, for the purposes of installing and running FTX

products and FTX Central, it should be treated as if it was the disk edition.

Apart from a few detail changes, it is exactly the same software.

Archived