Found a Lighthouse

Guest J van E

Wow! Cool! I also did a flight along the shore, of Tasmania, but I didn't see any. It was a short flight, though, and as usual I didn't know where to look because everything was gorgous in all directions. ;)

It is SOOOOOOOOO relaxing to simply take off, put the AP on, and sit back while looking outside... It was a morning flight in winter (winter is the best), around 8 o'clock, with visibility not too high: this time I flew a bit higher as I did the last days, 3000 to 4000 ft, and it looked so moody and real... Maaaaaaaaaaan, my keyboard is covered in drool. I am completely relaxed now. ;)

Hi guys,

some of these antennae are really tall; the upcoming package for the Melbourne map sheet has one that's almost 500m (1500ft) tall! Does anyone know whether these tall masts would have more than a single strobe? I seem to recall from driving by tall antennae in Europe and Canada that they had several strobes at regular intervals, say every 100m or so. I can add these strobes but would prefer to use real-world information rather than just guessing.

Cheers, Holger

your welcome, anything I can do to help out. 

Did find some actuall regulations, but did not see anything that mentioned the spacing for the lights.  you know how those goverment types make regualtions, us regular people can not even read most of them.  ??? But like that saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. 

Archived