NA LC within FTX Regions

Bert Pieke

Hi Bert,

openLC NA covers all of the NA Regions as well but its proper location in the scenery library is below the FTX block (i.e., the OLC marker should always be below the FTX marker in FTX Central's insertion point tool) and thus the NA Region'd content will be visible within the NA Regions and the openLC NA content everywhere else.

The ground textures of the new lighting system use photoreal strips and those will display in the NA Regions as well but not the extended 3D light points themselves, which will be delivered in patches for the NA Regions later on.

In short, the only difference within the NA Regions at this point will be lit patches along urban roads and highway intersections that are visible at greater distances than without openLC NA. 

Cheers, Holger

Me again,

actually, I just remembered that Eugene cleverly named the scenery entry containing the new "extended" 3D light points "FTX_NA_!OCL_Lights" so that it automatically inserts itself above (= higher display priority) any FTX NA Regions a user may have installed. That means those light points will also display inside the FTX Regions, not just their photoreal base as I stated above. 

Cheers, Holger

Archived