OLCNA and problems in Jamaica

I find visual problems at Kingston Jamaica.

1. With Vector enabled there are buildings on the road, cranes and a power station in the water, and Tinson Pen airport has a road running down the runway.

2. With Vector disabled there are still buildings on the road and cranes are inland and power station in correct place.

Pic 1. Vector disabled

CranesPowerStationandTinsonPenairportwit

Pic 2 Buildings in road top right of pic

KingstonJamaicaBuildingsonroadTopRightof

Pic 3 Vector enabled. Cranes & power station in water and road running thru runway at Tinson Pen airport

VectorenabledTinsonPenhasroadrunningthru

Hi,

This is not a Vector issue nor OpenLC. 

I just checked in Google Earth: the road and the shorelines are at their correct location. The runway is about 300 meters off it's real location. The cranes and the power station were placed according to default shorelines which are not accurate in this case.

For the airport problem I would suggest you post a request here :  

I thought that Vector gave us accurate shorelines not default ones and also to place things like airports in the right place. i also thought that NAOLC was best used with vector in order to get the full enhancement and details. NAOLC is said to place autogen in the correct places according to data. Is the data different to the one in Vector? If NAOLC is based on "default" shorelines then Vector shorelines data would make NAOLC look wrong.

Please clarify for me.

In your shot #1 you have default shorelines which are not correct. The cranes have been placed according to those incorrect shores. 

When you enable Vector, the shores are corrected to their real location but the cranes are part of another scenery file (probably the airport) which is not handled by Vector nor OpenLC, that's why they remain at their original location which is incorrect.

The only way to correct this situation is to completely redo the airport. 

Well the same thing happens in Barbados. Cranes in the water and buildings in the sea with Vector enabled. Buildings on land and cranes on land with vector disabled. I am not going to provide a pic because I have come to the conclusion I can have Vector enabled and see errors or disabled and the scenery looks correct. So i guess that in some places Vector and NAOLC are not truly compatible. I would have though it would be prudent to make these things compatible. A lot of man hours has been spent on NAOLC and it is a superb product, same can be said for Vector but in "Default" land they don't always seem to work together. I misunderstood the concept of LC. I thought it was to tell the sim where to place autogen, trees, roads etc onto the ground based on accurate data. The data from Vector  is the most accurate in the sim is it not?

I don't wish to sound harsh but it spoils the view when you get misplaced autogen. By the way this is nothing to do with the default airport which is a good distance away in Barbados so we cannot put it down to that as the problem as we did for Jamaica.

Archived