For Richard@PILOTS

Simple question for you Richard. Is Vector compatible with Ultimate?

I have reported various times that I have airport elevation issues mostly in non FTX regions. In mountainous areas like Colorado I continually find these problems and just don't know how to resolve them. My latest problem was posted in the Freeware forum

This particular airport is typical of what I am talking about. It comes in the Freeware airports pack for NA and is deemed to require that AEC is Disabled (this is in the notes of the Freeware pack). As you will see in the topic pics I submitted the first pic shows the airport with AEC disabled. The second shows the airport with the AFM bgl for KASE placed in to the Local Layers folder and actually flattens the airport. This is not what I am supposed to do. Pilots state that the AFM tool is not for use with Vector AEC corrected airports.

" ATTENTION! This version of AFM was NOT designed to work with AEC corrected airports of FS/FTX Global Vector. It does work will all other airports even when using FS/FTX Global Vector! We are considering to offer a V2.0 soon."
If I have AEC enabled for KASE I end up in a sinkhole, if I disable AEC I am on a huge plateau, if i do the wrong thing and add the AFM bgl for KASE I get a flattened airport. So what is the correct process to run Ultimate with Vector in a proper manner?

This only one of many so far in Colorado. I won't go through the list because because KASE typifies the problem.

If Stefan wants to know why I have put the AFM bgl into Local Meshes it is because that file is the first of Ultimate to be read and there is no other facility to put the bgl in to. AFM is not for P3D.

To summarise: KASE is  an AEC corrected airport as it appears as Enabled when running the AEC tool. The Freeware pack instructs me to disable AEC for KASE. Result is a high plateau. Introducing the AFM bgl for KASE into Local Meshes flattens the airport contrary to the instructions of use of these AFM bgls.

This AFM solution is not always successful and can create other anomalies, but I just want to know if there is any way that I can get satisfactory elevation corrections using Vector with Ultimate. Remember that we also have an issue that requires us to disable vector EXX in order to get elevation corrections at some places. You reported this to Stefan who was on holiday at the time.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jjaycee,

I am running some tests today hopefully, to be honest mate I do not have much experience with Ultimate Mesh (infact very little). Thanks for the reminder, Stefan is not on holidays I'm sure so I will get hold of him and ask him to comment also, or Bernd. I believe I understand your frustration and will get back to you. I will mark this Pending, to keep me on my toes.;)

Archived