Southern Florida Looks Wrong

Hi  

Nothing to do with autogen. You just cannot compare shots taken between 45 and 63 miles high and pics taken much, much lower (below FL 350 as I can judge) !   Go South  of Dade Colliers where you are, at, for example, 5000 feet and go to GE and set the exact same altitude. Now you can compare. From what I see on my rig, the textures are quite realistic knowing that the colors depends on many parameters , objective (hardware and your sim, FSX and P3D don't render the same way) and subjective (your eyes).

Ok, then lets look at it a different way.  If not autogen, which helps enhance vegetation, then perhaps the OP was questioning the actual textures used, in comparison with what he sees on Google Maps.  Maybe it's a matter of graphics settings and since the OP is using P3D, a bump in HDR settings can make a difference.

Unfrtunately there is a limited range of texture sets available. It's entirely possible that the chosen textures are the closest to what is reported in GIS data that is used for the compilation of the scenery before the hand-crafting takes place.  If there are no better textures available there's not much that can be done.  Another thing is the inability of the sim platform to display the richness of colour in a landscape and the variation in colour due to seasons, angle of view etc.  

However I'm sure this will be looked at.

Just a couple of errors found on a quick flight:

- Tamiami Airport now has a suburb LC inside the airport, with homes and streets showing up in the center of the airport.  (should just be grassy areas).

- Key Biscayne  shows similar suburb LC throughout, where it should be beaches and wooded areas at the southern tip and East of the golf courses.

Key Biscayne 1.jpg

Tamiami Airport.jpg

Strange, on my first trials, my KTMB (Tamiami) is right, but my KHRT (Mary Esther) is showing trees in one tarmac, close to the two helicopters parking spaces. Could someone at ORBX take a look at this?.

Cheers, Ed

On 1-8-2016 at 4:50 AM, H0r1z0nFSX said:

Hey So i Just Bought Open LC NA and I noticed some weird things about southern Florida it looks like a desert and not the ever glades 

I am going to add 4 in Sim pics and some real life pic via Google Earth 

Prepar3D 2016-07-31 22-26-18-48.jpg

I think something is wrong with your textures. Do you use some kind of shader?

This is how my Everglades look like:

2016-8-4_10-19-11-173.jpg

Cheers,

Ben.

Archived