OpenLC NA tile mashup

Hey there,

I just installed OpenLC NA and noticed that tile mash-up that previously occurred when applying the wrong region or other files conflicting with it (e.g. the Toronto landclass from Flytampa).

Ok so I just randomly picked KIAH to check out the new sweets. I thought after the migration something like this wouldn't occur anymore and although I have FSDT KIAH installed I didn't have it active at the time of testing. Any ideas? Thanks

UPDATE: Ok I think I was able to fix it. I noticed that my OLC entries in the Scenery.cfg were above my FTX entries, even though FTX Central showed FTX above OLC. So I swapped them applied and then swapped them back applied again to get the all the OLC below FTX and that seemed to have done the trick.

13 minutes ago, KORDATC said:

Make sure you have 3 Open LC NA entriesin your scenery library.  I had an issue earlier today in which the installer only installed 2 entries into my scenery library.  

I have NA1, NA2 and NA lights.  Are those the three you are referring to?

OLC layers must be above base ftx layers, I always thought.

You have to be careful in defining "above" or "below", as it could mean two different things, depending on how you view your scenery library - whether looking at the library entries in the scenery menu of the sim, or looking directly at the scenery.cfg file in a text editor.

The important thing is that the OLC entries must be at a lower priority than the FTX entries in the scenery library.

Questo messaggio c'est envoyé von meinem iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, we are talking the scenery library menu, not scenery.cfg. You are saying the entries must be below the FTX entries, will check when I get home... And what exactly are the FTX layers? The global base? Vector? please detail it so I won't have to go to sleep at 2am again ))) I can't work right now, falling asleep. All I have in my head right now is OLC US and the proper way of setting it up ))))

I'm surprised the FTX Central-2 doesn't set it properly (and I wonder what it is doing then...), and that you have to set priorities yourself.

Global Base are replacement textures and don't have a Library entry. Vector is even further down. Thus, FTX layers refers to the Regions plus Airports. Just lookup the manual coming with OpenLC NA, there's an image.

Kind regards, Michael

ok, I'm not using regions so the cause of tile mess-up is something else. By the way, the FTX Central-2 puts all the Open LCs on the top, above everything else. By everything else I mean 3rd party airports (fsdt, flytampa etc...), I do not have any kind of regional sceneries, just LCs and airports. And FTX Vector on the bottom.

My order looks like this:

FTX_ All my various Orbx airports one after another

FTX_NA_!OCL_Lights

FTX_ All my various Orbx regions one after another

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2

ORBX!OPENLC_BASE

Falcon X

followed by the rest      I don't have Orbx Vector installed

does this look correct? I assume the FTX_NA_!OLC_lights is the 3rd entry for openLC NA mentioned in a previous reply 

Joe

1 hour ago, alexzar14 said:

ok, I'm not using regions so the cause of tile mess-up is something else. By the way, the FTX Central-2 puts all the Open LCs on the top, above everything else. By everything else I mean 3rd party airports (fsdt, flytampa etc...), I do not have any kind of regional sceneries, just LCs and airports. And FTX Vector on the bottom.

You'll have to use FTX Central to manually move the blue OLC entry to a position below the orange FTX entry.  Open up FTX Central, click on settings at bottom left, click on tools, then click on Library Insertion Points.  Scroll down until you find the orange FTX and the blue OLC and position them FTX above OLC.  Save changes.  That's it.

11 hours ago, alexzar14 said:

That's strange, because having the FTX entries below (as in priority) the OLC entries seemed to have caused my tile mashup. I always use FTX Central to change scenery.cfg entries, when Orbx sceneries are in question.

In your case there might be a few possibilities. Do you have any other LC files in the region of question?? I know for example that the Toronto_LC from FlyTampa messes with Open_LC.

No, Toronto had an easy fix, you just had to disable the Toronto LC that came with FlyTampa.

I don't have anything for NY other than FSDT KJFK which does nothing to the area and I figured out the nature of problem, see my new post on the top.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2.8.2016 at 3:22 PM, alexzar14 said:

No, Toronto had an easy fix, you just had to disable the Toronto LC that came with FlyTampa.

Thanks mate. That solved it for me. I do hope FlyTampa will release an optional patch though, but this will work just fine for now.

Archived