KBLU Aircraft Crashing

boleyd

In addition to the aircraft crashing at startup, several items in the KLBU folder are tagged with OFF - see a few below:

Everything is on in Central-2. I did the KBLU update awhile ago. in Central-2. No issues shown by Central2

Good 013.jpg

Good 014.jpg

I think that's normal - as you've set Airport buildoings etc. to "Low Resolution (1024)". If you flip that to "High/2048", you should see a different set of textures enabled - with corresponding files switched to .OFF.

Adam.

The OFF files were more of a curiosity but possible contributors to the problems. I changed to 2048 but crash aircraft on startup occurred which was expected. I turned off crash detection and everything seemed to appear in proper places and character. BUT, no shadows. I had this before and I believe there was an update which I installed. The shadows appear when the aircraft is outside the area covered by the airport BGL - runway and tarmac. They are probably there but just below the level/altitude of the apron and runway. I really do not want to get back into ADE to fix that. For now I will leave crash detection off. It is simpler.

• 1 year later...

Turning off crash detection is NOT a solution!

Noticed several posts about this so I am posting this reply in all of them in the hope it will be fixed. I had to post a video to YT to complain about another

devs lack of a fix for a local airfield before they agreed to fix it after ALSO saying turn CD off. I never intend to 'fly' with it off anywhere!

FSX Steam Edition

FTX Central latest

Win 10 64 bit

KBLU BCN

ORbX US Scenery (all of it)

FS Genesis (does not give problem with any other airfield - wouldnt I SEE me hitting the ground if there was a conflict?)

I have EXACTLY the same problem. Had it for months, just decided to post about it but see it already here.

First noticed it during a perfect landing with A2A Mustang....as soon as touched the runway = CRASH!

I thought what? No problem with airport elevation as looked great. Repeated twice from reload then decided to

just load aircraft straight at parking spot. From memory I believed this worked but as soon as I moved the plane one inch = CRASH!

So i thought I'd load the plane to the runway.. CRASH!

Some airfields have had similar problems which have been fixed by uninstalling and re-installing again. Not KBLU.

The other strips in the pack are fine, I make a point of landing on every Orbx strip I own (which is all but 2 world-wide) and this

is currently the only strip with problem as described by OP above,

If you wish I can make a video of me landing there with Xsplit and share from YouTube. 

Regards

Russ

Of course I love my OrbX - I own almost all of it would love to be able to use this strip!

PS I had a 'crashbox' problem with another devs KDAB. Plane always crashed during approach with crash detection on. I Posted video of incident and devs found and fixed the issue.

After further testing I can confirm the grass is the culprit. Or at least the option to turn it on in FTX Central with whatever also is included in the package causes the crashes.

In latest FTX Central I have 3 grass settings.

1) Summer/Fall/Winter/Spring

2) Hard winter

3) No grass

Settings 1 & 2 always cause instant crashes. Setting 3 always works, no crashes. No need to mess around disabling the bgls as the control panel options do it fine.

As regards WHAT is causing the crashes? Seems to be some sort of blanket INVERSE crashbox around the whole airstrip. By that I mean there is a small area around 100 sq feet INSIDE the parking area which you can maneuver around with no problem but as as soon as you approach the entrance to runway OR a parking spot theres an instant crash. As you cant just cant place your aircraft in this working space normally I had to load and save w/o grass, taxi there, save and reload to test this area out.

Hopefully this may help fixing the issue as it means anywhere that FSX (or P3D?) allocates a legitimate aircraft loading spot to, parking spaces or runways, there is an instant collision but away from these in that epicenter so to speak all is calm.

Airfield looks great to me anyway at the moment without grass as I'm happy to be able to use it for the first time with CD ON, looking forward to seeing the full grass one day when this is fixed. 

Regards

Russ Gough

PS Reply notification is set to ON but I have yet to receive any. Hence ignorance of earlier posts.

Archived