Pilot FS Global 2010

tennyson

Hi Guys.

I am into the world of Global and vector, gearing up for some World wide flights.

So, I reads all the info and especially ORBX's Definitive Guide and purchase Pilots FS Global 2010, as per the suggestions. 

I go straight to the Flight Sim store, where I buy all my Flight Sim software from and purchase it. I foolishly buy the download version and that's where my problems start.

I then spend days and days, downloading the files, over and over again, as the checksums are wrong. I contact FSS and take a ticket.

After a few days they contact me and ask me to do everything all over again. Maybe I blundered, so i do it again. I have bought Getright, Internet Download manager, downloaded using Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google chrome, cleared caches, done everything but make the files myself.

I'm at my wits end with this thing and don't know what to do. I don't care who's issue it is, I know it's not an ORBX product and I'm not hanging it on FSS. I would just like to know if anybody has had the same situation and how do you get around it?

I have exhausted my months data from downloading over 100GB on this one piece of software, so a solution would be mighty handy about now.

I gotta admit I am pretty mad, tho. This just shouldn't happen.......

Frank

You don't have to ask, simply order it.  ( you'll need the original order number )  I got mine on the flash drive.  After I order that; of course, the download worked.

LOL

Sue

G'day Frank, what I have done in the past, as Richard has suggested, is order FSGlobal2010 via Digital Media Service from the drop down box on the product page at the FSS, it's about 25gig if I recall, I ordered it via that service on a 32gig flash drive that the guy's at the FSS are offering and you'll have it in a few day's good to go.

Cheers Rod.

Rod,

That is a champion idea and one that I asked the guys at FSS about a few days back.

What I am not happy about, actually disgusted, is the fact that it's taken so long for their Support to get their finger out, recognize the problem and offer a solution.

I have spent a lot of time promoting FSS and they are the only place I've bought thousands of  dollars of software from, in the past 5 years.

I would have thought they could sort this out for me by now. as it turns out, I sent them an email, asking for a resolution, and am still to get a reply.

I want to buy all the new LC software from ORBX, but at this stage, my wallet will be looking elsewhere.........

Frank

I personally haven't had the issue's you decribe Frank but anything over a couple of gig I will always purchase it via the Digital Download Media Service method, I think (works for me anyway) that way its more unlkely to get a corrupted download and at least you have it on hand at anytime in the future, let's hope it all turns out "OK". my reason being I only have an 8gig download ceiling per month.

Cheers Rod.

Is there anybody out there in ORBX land that has downloaded FS Global 2010 from the Flightsim Store?

I have downloaded their files 6 times and keep getting the same checksum errors.

The standard Support message is "keep downloading the file until the checksums are right".

I re-downloaded the second file this morning and the checksum for it, turns out to be the checksum for the first file, the zip file.

I have been wasting my time and downloads for a week, so for their sake, I hope it is not a problem at their end, especially after the less than satisfactory "SUPPORT" they have offered in sorting this problem.

It feels like I've been banging my head against a brick wall for two weeks, with little to no assistance.

Looking for advice,

Frank  

g'day frank...

Is there anybody out there in ORBX land that has downloaded FS Global 2010 from the Flightsim Store?

yes - i have (and many others here).

i use free download manager (http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/) for all downloads and have never had a problem.

it's important to use a download manager (and you've already invested in options that should work from your earlier posts on this thread and these should work). if you just try a browser for the download, antivirus packages and the browsers themselves can 'break' things.

if the download option just won't work (with a download manager), and if you can afford to get the disc version that richard linked above, then arrange for the discs and get them posted. there is NO point in burning all your download if you're limited - life's too short.

the mesh is worth it and ordinarily, you will have an excellent experience with fss in my experience.

hth.

Thanx Chris.

I concur with all you've written here.

I asked Support from FSS, days ago, if I could go to a burnt disk and save all the angst, but the Support wants to keep the angst alive by persevering with the downloads. 

I just am gob-smacked at their attitude. I am not expecting to get it for free, I want to pay for the service, but as of this moment, Support is getting me copies of the Checksums....as if I care, I just want the bloody download!!!!

Frank,

I just downloaded today along with OPENLC.  I was a little confused at first with the instructions and was even having issues with PILOTsFSG2010FTX.zip and this was with using Flashget.  This is what worked, download the following files:

PILOTsFSG2010FTX.z01

PILOTsFSG2010FTX.z02

PILOTsFSG2010FTX.z03

PILOTsFSG2010FTX.z04

PILOTsFSG2010FTX.z05

Once complete, copy and past them to your backup files drive, other than download folder (I use USB drive for all my Orbx products).  Insure you have WinRAR installed, highlight all the above files and have extract them all at the same time.  It should create an install folder, called PILOTsFSG2010FTX.  Once all files are extracted, run the installer and input your order number and serial number.  Thanks

Rob

Those servers will probably be slow for a while, since ORBX just released OLC NA.  In answer to your question about downloading Pilot's FS Global, I bought the ultimate edition about 3 years ago or so, and bought in to the digital media service, where FSS sent be the DVDs, but while I waited for the order, at the time, I downloaded the media via a 3rd party d/l manager and didn't have any issue.  Maybe your internet connection times out after a certain period of time for downloading?  I'm at a loos as to why it' still difficult to download it.

This probably isn't what you want to hear Frank, but those kinds of download problems are almost always the fault of the ISP. There is nothing wrong with the files on the server(s) but they are being corrupted in some way during the download. Nothing much the guys at FSS can do about it (and a download manager won't help either) but I do think they should have mentioned or recommended the DVD/flash drive option when the problem was first reported.

Doug

Yep, triplane, I fully agree.

I ended up fixing it myself, no thanx to the Support???

I now have no faith in that system and my wallet will attest to that.

I did all this to get my cockpit up to speed to host a charity event (Worldflight 2016) where we will raise money for the Royal Flying Doctors in Australia.

Anyway, I'm all up and running now and just finalising software before I put my PC's back out in the sim room and get ready for the event in November.

I'm hoping to raise a good few dollars for the RFDS.

I'll probably put some pics and vids in the Pilots Forum during he event.

Frank

Sim roof.jpg

Archived