Plan G

Dadtom65

Hi. Has anyone just used plan G as I have just used it and it keeps coming up with a few boxes on the map saying MapQuest developer, as of July 11, 2016 direct tile acces has been discontinued. Please visit our blog post for more information. It had like a web site but it came up with no such site or words to that effect.. Any body else had this. Derek.

Hi. Right I have just scanned PlanG with my Anti virus which is Vibre and it came up with nothing. So there is a thing with MapQuest so some to do with them. How do I change to another map thingy. Think you can still use PlanG but, yep just tried and as long as you don't zoom out to much it seems OK. Thanks for your help Brett. Derek.

I have another GPS (Geminisoftware) sporting the same issue. Obvisously it's real. Bad news stack up.

Yes, I have a Mapbox account, and yes, this one still works with Plan-G. Still...

Kind regards, Michael

I've been using Plan-G for years and never had any problem with it.  Tim Arnott updated it a few months ago and it's still fine.  I get the maps, airports, range rings, runways and

frequences and that's really all I need of it.

So, I don't understand all these references to 'mapquest', 'Mapbox' or whatever?

John

23 minutes ago, JohnY said:

I've been using Plan-G for years and never had any problem with it.  Tim Arnott updated it a few months ago and it's still fine.  I get the maps, airports, range rings, runways and

frequences and that's really all I need of it.

So, I don't understand all these references to 'mapquest', 'Mapbox' or whatever?

John

It depends on the selected map provider under Settings. As long as you choose (e.g.) OSM you will be fine. BTW, the issue has been stated on the Plan-G forum already yesterday. And, no, zooming does not help, at least not for me. But as I said, I am fine with my Mapbox account. That means, until Mapbox decides to change their conditions, too.

Tim went already from Google Maps to Mapquest years ago. Must be frustrating indeed.

Kind regards, Michael

He beat me to it, yes if you zoom in to close you will get the MapQuest boxes come up all over the place. Seems like the man Tim Arnott will have to pay to use MapQuest from now on, but as I said it's ok if you don't zoom in to close.. Derek.

To change the map provider in Plan-G

1. Open Plan-G
  2. Select "File" in the top menu bar
  3. Select "Options" in the side menu bar
  4. Under "General Options", "Map Provider", change to "OpenStreetMap"

Archived