Elevation issue at Furnace Creek Airport (L06)

bvdboomen

Hello again,

I also have issues at L06 Furnace Creek Airport. See picture (it broke my Hornet... :mellow: B)).

Running FSX and currently installed in this area is FTX SoCal and OZx Death Valley disabled in the scenery library.

AEC is nog available for L06.

2016-7-5_20-20-14-106.jpg

Cheers,

Ben van den Boomen.

Hi Ben,

hope you paid the insurance premiums for your bird...

SCA doesn't alter the elevation of L06, and neither does Vector, so you must have some other add-on active that does. If you don't know which add-on that might be run a Windows Explorer search of your entire flightsim folder tree for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *L06*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths

Cheers, Holger

Thank you Holger.

Here is a list of all L06 entries in my FS folder:

L06.gif

I guess the marked file is the culprit since the rest is ORBX stuff and Death Valley is disabled?

Cannot test it now cause I'm off to work. I will check it this evening.

Cheers,

Ben van den Boomen. 

Yes, it is, that file changes the airport altitude, but you have to use it along OZx Death Valley scenery, if you keep the scenery disabled the mesh inside is not active anymore and the airport doesn't come well with the mesh like before. If you don't want to use OZx Death Valley rename that file adding .off . See the video

Thank you Maurizio.

Is it possible to move that file to the scereny folder of Death Valley so I can easily switch it of without renaming the BGL in the World scenery folder?

Cheers,

Ben van den Boomen.

Hi Ben, if you like to move the file it's ok, the position of all the files that changes the altitude of an airport must be in Scenery\World\scenery but being a bgl file if you put it in another scenery folder it's active as well. It's simpler according to me that you add simply .off to the end of the file, in this way it's not recognized anymore and it remains in his position if in the future you want to reuse the scenery, you delete the .off extension and you go well. If you put it in The Death Valley\scenery folder and you wanna reuse the scenery, you would have to remember that the file has to be moved again in his originary directory, otherwise the changement of the altitude doesn't work.

Archived