EU ENG & SCO Garbled Textures

The entire English Isle, England and Scotland, has "garbled" ground textures. There was no problem on 5 June and earlier... using FTX EU ENG and SCO regions.  Other regions are okay including Alaska/Canada, SoCal, etc.  Since 5 Jun, the FTX Central updated and i noticed problem before updating Vector, which I have done but problem persists.  Also, my P3D updated from v3.2 to v3.3.5 11 Jun but I am not suspecting P3D because all other FTX regions (I have most of them) are okay.  My P3D update was an update to its client and content modules only, no scenery update.. , I hope that updating content isn't the cause.

Only ENG/SCO airport is UK2000 Heathrow, which I've disabled but not changing the problem.  This top; view taken at N51 28.65 W000 15.60 between Heathrow and London.GarbledLondon_zpsckycavy6.jpg

Something broke my England... how do I fix it?

Help.

2 things you might try depending on where you are at in updates.

1. Did you do the "migration" and therefore have the latest orbxlibs installed? If so then try reinstalling FTX ENG and see if that does anything. No need to run the orbxlibs again after install if you already have the new version installed, but make sure you open Central afterwards to let the FTX ENG "sync".

2. Did you update P3D with the hotfix as well? Without the hotfix UK2000 airports were affected.

8 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

2 things you might try depending on where you are at in updates.

1. Did you do the "migration" and therefore have the latest orbxlibs installed? If so then try reinstalling FTX ENG and see if that does anything. No need to run the orbxlibs again after install if you already have the new version installed, but make sure you open Central afterwards to let the FTX ENG "sync".

2. Did you update P3D with the hotfix as well? Without the hotfix UK2000 airports were affected.

1.  Yes, I have the latest orbxlibs and FTX Central that eliminated Hybrid mode.

2. Yes, I didn't update P3D until after their hotfix was released... I saw their forum break out into a frenzy and waited for the fix haha.

Okay... will reinstall FTX ENG and SCO and hope for the best. I was not sure how this is done, for example do I have to uninstall first and how is that done.  So, using the kiss method I will run the regions installers and see what happens.

Thanks for the assist.

Okay... ran the installers for both FTX EU ENG and SCO. No change, in fact the installer seemed to have whisked through a 4 to 6 GB install pretty fast so I'm pretty sure the installer only looked to see that files were there instead of writing over them.  I was hoping this would still fix things by doing whatever Orbx does to the terrain.cfg but no change.

Still no England or Scotland but all other regions and global are looking fine.

Still looking for ideas.

Update:  I've spent four or five hours on this one problem and have browsed other Orbx FTX subforms finding may others with this or similar issues but no guidance, help or acknowledgment from Orbx that there is a problem.  One fella fixed his by reverting to his backup copy of P3D, I only wish I had this option available.

I found that my Oceania NZ North Island also has terrible mangled ground textures.

I deleted all EU ENG and SCO files and folders, effectively uninstalling these two regions. I then reset the P3D terrain.cfg file by using the backup of the original Orbx saves and let FTXCentral rebuild it. I then installed the EU ENG and SCO regions again from respective installers.

Problem persists... , and from what I've read in the Orbx forums it appears that there is nothing I can do but wait until Orbx fixes the problem.  Several posts assured us that there would be a fix soon or by 27 Jun... but I understand it takes time.

Okay, done with this crap.

Sorry to hear of your continuing problems. It does now look as though you were a victim of the migration problems some have had. I am sure that orbx will get this fixed for all those affected people. Keep the faith!

One thing I learned a long time ago is that band-aids can do only so much for so long and then, when the frustration peaks, it's time to start over from scratch.  I know this isn't a foolproof solution or recommended by the general populous, but for me personally, I found my issues ceased after a complete reinstall.  Reading Downscc's texture issue in England, Scotland reminds me of when I experienced the exact same thing, not to mention increased OOMs.  I wound up reinstalling my sim and content but not reinstalling the regions of England, Scotland, Wales and both Irelands.  I stayed content with just the OpenLC EU, and it suited me fine as I fly tubeliners more often now and I don't get the OOMs or misplaced textures.

Archived