Wrong File Location

Doc_Z

I have had to reinstall FSX-SE from scratch.  I installed Steam on my F: drive, but for some reason there is also a Steam folder in my C:/Program Files (*^) directory.  When I tried to install the Libs and Global, the installer put them in the C:/Program Files (86)  directory.  I couldn't change the installation target.  Can I just move them to the F:Steam?SteamApps/Common/FSX directory?

Thanks, that seemed to fix it.  I thought I had done it with regedit, but I guess not.  Will the items I moved from the C drive to the F drive be OK or should I reinstall them?

Actually it's the E drive -- long story.  When I put in the latest libraries I got a message saying it couldn't find the scenery.cfg file, which is in the FSX directory.

Thanks.  Reinstalling Global, Vector and LCNA, Alasla, Canada didn't bring up the scenery,cfg error, but SAK did.  I ran the offline update before installing the SAK patch and didn't get the error.

I am now trying to reinstall airports.  Every time I get the message that scenery.cfg can't be found. I ran the regedit mentioned in the topic you linked me to, but the co-existence was set to 0 and I didn't have any FSX-SE folders, only FSX.  FTX Central 2 asks which simulator I want, FSC or FSX Steam.  Opening either shows that I have the airports installed.  Not sure what is going on.

You should install everything to FSX and nothing to FSX Steam Edition.

The FSX Steam Edition option should only be there if both FSX versions are installed.

You should select the FSX option when running FTX Central.

If you are choosing the FSX Steam Edition option in FTX Central, it will look for the

scenery.cfg file in ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE and of course, it's not there.

Using your registry editor, look for the entry highlighted in red.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\DovetailGames

If you find it, delete it, but only the DovetailGames entry.

This should remove the option to run FTX Central for FSX SteamEdition and the

scope for confusion.

FSX isn't running correctly anyway -- starts with the aircraft flying and several other problems.  I am uninstalling everything and starting over. After uninstalling FSX, there are still registry entries in SOFTWARE/Microosft/Microsoft games pointing to FSX and FSX-SE. Should I delete those two folders before reinstalling?

I will install the simulator, my RTMM scenery, GNB mesh and aircraft.  I will hold off on all ORBX until the migration issues are fixed and it is safe to install ORBX products.  Thanks for your help to this point.  IK know this is all my fault for allowing a computer shop to install a new hard drive for me instead of doing it myself!!

Archived