PNW Terrain

PiperSport

Hoping this is a simple fix.

Seen below on the two images, are the Northern coast of Oregon with the installed PNW terrain. As you can see, the defined coast is replaced with a straight line when ORBX is checked in the scenery.

Running FSX: Steam with REX Texture Direct 4 addon, Rex Soft Clouds stand alone, FTX Trees and  Active Sky Next.

OrBx PNW and Library installed

Uninstalling REX had no impact.

Your help and any other information I can provide that will help solve my coastal dilemma.

With Orbx.png

without Orbx.png

REX is sky, water and cloud textures. It has nothing to do with coastlinesAfter installing PNW and the libraries, did you open FTX Central, so the new files were activated in the sim ?

Hi there,

that's the outer edge of the custom waterclass of the PNW region -- it has to end somewhere... It's actually not a straight line when looking up close (there are blendmasks at work between the different water textures) but it can be more or less pronounced depending on your choice of default waterclass replacement textures, like REX or similar.

More information here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/91251-fsx-water-issues-rex4-orbx-openlc-orbx-england/

Cheers, Holger

Thank you both....

Penzoil - Yes. I used the FTX central 2 to install the product.

Holger - Makes sense that is a blend. I see the link. Will attempt some modification based on the posting. Was hoping this was a simpler answer.

On June 28, 2016 at 6:08 PM, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

that's the outer edge of the custom waterclass of the PNW region -- it has to end somewhere... It's actually not a straight line when looking up close (there are blendmasks at work between the different water textures) but it can be more or less pronounced depending on your choice of default waterclass replacement textures, like REX or similar.

More information here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/91251-fsx-water-issues-rex4-orbx-openlc-orbx-england/

Cheers, Holger

Holger, 

I don't think it's the waterclass issue or anything related to REX.

This is the result of latest Obrxlibs not getting installed correctly / causing texture issues. I have had the exact same issues. Look at the screenshot below of KHQM -- there is supposed to be water next to the airport, but it has become land/forest!

fsx 2016-06-17 09-58-14-58.jpg

fsx 2016-06-17 10-38-27-49.jpg

Hi there,

actually, these are different issues. PiperSport has all the waterbody polygons in place, he was just wondering about the sharp transition of the custom PNW ocen colors to the adjacent default ocean colors.

In your case the waterbody polygons are missing and possibly other landscape features as well, like roads and shoreline textures. Either you have another landscape add-on active at higher display priority than the Orbx/FTX block that excludes our components, or your terrain.cfg file doesn't have the required custom entries.

What do you mean by "Obrxlibs not getting installed correctly"? What happens when you start FTX Central?

Cheers, Holger

Archived