FTX Order in FSX

ExpressJetXE

I just updated to 1.40 Global Base and the new FTX Central got installed. Looking at the library insertion points, FTX and OLC are right at the top.. I would think they would be down farther....

Jim

Hi Jim,

I agree with Stew, those Miami City X entries should go above Orbx and FTX.

But I think I may have spotted another one "MyTraffic" currently is at position "10" I would move it to a position above Orbx and FTX as well. Then as noted in a few of your earlier posts you are seeing odd things at TIST, KDFW, KMEM, it could be that "My Traffic" has placed an afcad .bgl  conflicting with these airfields and Vector AEC.

Do a search in the MyTraffic scenery folder of ICAO's for those airfields (TIST, KDFW, KMEM) disable them with an .OFF extension  (example: AF2_XXXX_xxx.bgl.OFF )  you can always remove the .OFF extension if it makes no difference to the airfield display.

I note in the Scenery Library you have disabled  Australia & Africa, there is no real benefit to disabling these if you are trying to save resources when the sim loads, it would be best to have them enabled simply because they don't really place any impact on the sim if you are not flying within their loaded footprint. Their content is only displayed at low resolution on the globe until you have flown into that airspace, then the resolution and scenery load will increase for that area while reduced resolution will be in action in other parts of the globe not within the loaded area footprint.

30 minutes ago, Jeff Gilmour said:

Hi Jim,

I agree with Stew, those Miami City X entries should go above Orbx and FTX.

But I think I may have spotted another one "MyTraffic" currently is at position "10" I would move it to a position above Orbx and FTX as well. Then as noted in a few of your earlier posts you are seeing odd things at TIST, KDFW, KMEM, it could be that "My Traffic" has placed an afcad .bgl  conflicting with these airfields and Vector AEC.

Do a search in the MyTraffic scenery folder of ICAO's for those airfields (TIST, KDFW, KMEM) disable them with an .OFF extension  (example: AF2_XXXX_xxx.bgl.OFF )  you can always remove the .OFF extension if it makes no difference to the airfield display.

I note in the Scenery Library you have disabled  Australia & Africa, there is no real benefit to disabling these if you are trying to save resources when the sim loads, it would be best to have them enabled simply because they don't really place any impact on the sim if you are not flying within their loaded footprint. Their content is only displayed at low resolution on the globe until you have flown into that airspace, then the resolution and scenery load will increase for that area while reduced resolution will be in action in other parts of the globe not within the loaded area footprint.

Already Done Jeff. These MyTraffic files start with BR2_........

Jim

None... I removed these when I started having elevation issues with EDDF with mountains appearing in the middle of the runways... I removed the AFCAD from MyTraffic and that solved THAT issue. I do not have and airport scenery from MyTraffic enabled. All the BGLs have been renamed and moved...

Jim

Hi Jim,

There ends that idea...... but I suppose its a silly question to ask if you have run the Vector AEC Auto configuration tool and clicked "Apply" when it finished http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/75538-airport-elevation-fixes-and-using-aec-read-this-first/

Time to see your FSX  > Settings > Customise > Scenery tab, can you take a picture.

and also your FSX scenery.cfg from  "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX" can you copy that file and attach it here as a .txt  file using the paperclip attach tool.

I have MTraffic and it should be just above Propeller Objects, so it is almost correct. Your Addon Scenery folder should be above all FTX entries assuming you have something it that folder. What do you mean by not having airport scenery in My Traffic enabled? You will potentially get serious issues if i read you correctly that you renamed ALL or moved ALL, or  do you mean only those that are duplicated with some other addon? The only time you need to disable/move a MT afacad is IF you get a conflict with an airport which is included in another addon, for example a FTX full airport addon. Because MTraffic is located well below FTX the sim will will activate the highest ranking airport afcad normally. I give you an example of this. I have UK2000 airfields and a couple of their Xtreme airports. These are 3rd party addons and so are placed higher than FTX & OLC. I also have FTX England and so I removed all the FTX England afcads and kept the UK2000 ones. UK2000 has traffic bgls at all their airfields so MT provides the traffic planes only and they are parked and run according to the UK2000 afcads airfield layout. No FTX England nor MT afcad is therefore used. I have Birmingham Xtreme by UK 2000 and it has it's own afcad so in this case I removed the MT afcad so that traffic would conform to the layout (much more detailed) than the MT afcad.

Hope the above is not too confusing. I don't know how knowledgeable you are with the sim.

Archived