Pre-migration texture anomaly

bvdboomen

Shortly after buying SoCal I encountered a texture anomaly near the Palm Springs scenery (see picture). I didn't make a screenshot back then but today a saw it again and made a screenshot with coordinates. It is visible under the helicopter and on the right. Anyone experience the same issue?

This is a pre-migration problem.

Thanks in advance.

Ben van den Boomen.

2016-6-18_11-15-19-124.jpg

Hi Ben,

those patches are meant to be golf courses embedded in the local suburbs; see my screenshot of the same area (taken in P3D). It appears though that other parts of your screenshot also differ from mine, especially in terms of autogen buildings.

First thing I'd do is to run FTX Central, select North America, and the press Apply Group. If that doesn't help please check that you don't have any third-party add-on active above the Orbx/FTX block that might contain landclass files for the area.

Cheers, Holger

FTX-SCA west of KBNG.jpg

Hello Holger,

Thanks for jumping in.

I am already migrated so a region switch is not possible. Will a new install of Southern California have the same effect?

As far as I know I have no third party landclass in this area besides ORBX KPSP.

Cheers,

Ben van den Boomen.

Holger,

I did some testing by disabling and enabling scenery entries and I found out that disabling KPSP solves the problem.

Is this covered in the new version?

Now that I disabled KPSP, I see a great improvement in the whole area.

2016-6-18_18-44-4-554.jpg

Cheers,

Ben van den Boomen.

Archived