FTX Global Base - Missing Texture

Sabretooth78

Hello,

I seem to be having the same problem that was reported in this thread:  LC textures along the coastline of Connecticut USA (just west of KGON) appear to be missing.

Screenshots attached.  Everything was downloaded on 2016-06-11 and installed the following day, so I believe all downloads to be the latest and greatest versions - FTX Global Base, FTX Vector and PILOT'S FS Global 2010.  I can't recall exactly but I believe I installed them in that order.  Mesh and vector data appear to be good; it's the texture that's missing.  Perhaps I should have installed them in a different sequence?  I will be getting a new PC to run FS X in the coming weeks, therefore I'm going to have to go through the process of reinstalling everything again anyway; might as well get it right the first time!

Any suggestions?  Thanks for an otherwise excellent product!

P.S. Order number 495652.  Tried to add that to my profile editor after posting this but it's throwing an error.

CT01.jpg

CT02.jpg

CT03.jpg

Here is FSX with no Vector.

As an educated guess I would say that this is a vector (with a small v) problem rather than a texture issue.

My reasoning is that with texture issues, and particularly missing textures, is that you will get texture morphing or smearing where FSX tries to fit a nearby texture into the missing textures space. Here you have a perfect water texture.

If this is bugging you too much, then you will have to investigate by trial and error as to which addon is causing it by systematically disabling each addon at a time.

square bay.jpg

Hi Sabretooth78,

I have Only FTXGlobal Base on Default FSX for this area, and don't see this anomaly.  That brown slick in your screenie is supposed to be there, it represents the WaterClass texture for mudflat or shallows (or Watermask). What you are seeing within this watery square is a WaterClass layer displaying above the underlying LandClass texture. I'm guessing that you have an FTX OLC Library order problem, or a localised LC/WC issue.  The Underlying LC texture is being blocked by the Water layer. I do not have an answer for this, the Orbx team should be along shortly.

Bring up the area in GoogleEarth compare it with my picture below.

786aace1df7994d0c70cf7a2353e69a1.jpg

0f423ee55678c6389e9301aadb89d75f.jpg

Hi there,

if you move the mouse over the Vector entry in FTX Central it will show you the version number you have installed. If it doesn't list v1.35 then you need to grab the update installer from the product page -- https://fullterrain.com/product/ftxgvector -- and install it.

Cheers, Holger

Archived