Can't install YCNK

John York

Now that everything is P3D friendly, I've been getting my Australian scenery up to date .  However, of all the 24 successfully re-installed airports, the downloaded YCNK fails to install and the message suggests I notify the developers.  This is what the notice says; 'Installer integrity check has failed.  Common causes include incomplete download' (it's not that) 'and damaged media Contact the installers author to obtain a new copy.'

Can you pass this on to whoever please?

Thanks

John

The most obvious suggestion here is just to visit the flightsim store (FSS) and download the product again to get a fresh new copy in case yours has been corrupted... I note yours is an original pre-pay, maybe it requires conversion for the installer to recognise it?

I downloaded it twice and it happened each time.

I've reported it to FSS already.  However, as this is a support forum I thought it might be wise to report it here too as its probably a developer problem anyway.

Incidentally, I downloaded 25 airports and this was the only one I had trouble with.

John

On 09/06/2016 at 0:35 AM, JohnY said:

I downloaded it twice and it happened each time.

I've reported it to FSS already.  However, as this is a support forum I thought it might be wise to report it here too as its probably a developer problem anyway.

Incidentally, I downloaded 25 airports and this was the only one I had trouble with.

John

Did you run a MD5 check on the zip file?

gb.

Clear your browser cache between downloads John. If you don't, the browser will cheerfully hand you the same corrupt file from it's stash.

Re MD5 check- here's more than you ever want to know... Wiki-pedia-

md5sum is a computer program that calculates and verifies 128-bit MD5 hashes, as described in RFC 1321. The MD5 hash (or checksum) functions as a compact digital fingerprint of a file. As with all such hashing algorithms, there is theoretically an unlimited number of files that will have any given MD5 hash. However, it is very unlikely that any two non-identical files in the real world will have the same MD5 hash, unless they have been specifically created to have the same hash.

The underlying MD5 algorithm is no longer deemed secure, thus while md5sum is well-suited for identifying known files in situations that are not security related, it should not be relied on if there is a chance that files have been purposefully and maliciously tampered. In the latter case, the use of a newer hashing tool such as sha256sum is highly recommended.

Virtually any non-malicious change to a file will cause its MD5 hash to change; therefore md5sum is used to verify the integrity of files. Most commonly, md5sum is used to verify that a file has not changed as a result of a faulty file transfer, a disk error or non-malicious meddling. The md5sum program is installed by default in most Unix, Linux, and Unix-like operating systems or compatibility layers. Other operating systems, including Microsoft Windows and BSD variants — such as Mac OS X - have similar utilities (see external links). On FreeBSD this utility is called 'md5' and contains additional features.

Blimey.  I wish I hadn't asked!:)

I always delete my downloads once they've been used but must admit I did have a lot in that folder at the same time.   Now its empty, I'll re-download it and see what happens.

No.  That didn't work.  Still getting the same message.

John

Hi Darren

Hm. Well.  That puts a different light on things.  Problem is neither the Orbx developers or FSS are expressing any interest. 

I was going to purchase the three Australian Airports I haven't got and Wellington but I'm having second thoughts now.

I'm lucky that I've got all the others, so I can still find plenty of places and routes in Australia to fly.

John

I just saw that Cessnock is mentioned here: I tried to redownload Cessnock recently as well, and with two of the download servers I got a mismatch with the MD5 checksum. The third server was fine (and no, I cannot remember what server that was). So you could try to download from a different server and see if that gives you a matching checksum.

As for downloading, I use Firefox with the free addon "DownThemAll". It has an integrated checksum function that does this verification step automatically. Highly recommended!

I just saw that Cessnock is mentioned here: I tried to redownload Cessnock recently as well, and with two of the download servers I got a mismatch with the MD5 checksum. The third server was fine (and no, I cannot remember what server that was). So you could try to download from a different server and see if that gives you a matching checksum.

As for downloading, I use Firefox with the free addon "DownThemAll". It has an integrated checksum function that does this verification step automatically. Highly recommended!

I use Fireforx too.   The download simply doesn't work.  Tried 'em all.  It seems to download everything as normal then when I open the downloads file each time I get the 'failed' message.

I can't be bothered any more.  Its taking up flying time.

John

18 hours ago, JohnY said:

Hi Darren

Hm. Well.  That puts a different light on things.  Problem is neither the Orbx developers or FSS are expressing any interest. 

I was going to purchase the three Australian Airports I haven't got and Wellington but I'm having second thoughts now.

I'm lucky that I've got all the others, so I can still find plenty of places and routes in Australia to fly.

John

Hi John,

I share your frustration. I have done everything you have mentioned above as well including turning AVG firewall and antivirus off during installation and still not successful.

Darren.

17 hours ago, JohnY said:

I use Fireforx too.   The download simply doesn't work.  Tried 'em all.  It seems to download everything as normal then when I open the downloads file each time I get the 'failed' message.

I can't be bothered any more.  Its taking up flying time.

John

This problem has come up before.

Usual response is not to use your browser's downloader

but use one of the download managers listed on that Flightsim Store download page.

gb.

Orion said; 'Hey Everyone, I just managed to successfully install YCNK. I downloaded it from Global CDN Server #1'

That's done it Darren!  But I used Server 3.:)

Thanks for that.  I had tried '1' before without success.  For me '3' was the key, or was it a different day?!

Doesn't look as if with the new FTX Central that a new installation of the libraries is needed either?

John

21 hours ago, JohnY said:

Orion said; 'Hey Everyone, I just managed to successfully install YCNK. I downloaded it from Global CDN Server #1'

That's done it Darren!  But I used Server 3.:)

Thanks for that.  I had tried '1' before without success.  For me '3' was the key, or was it a different day?!

Doesn't look as if with the new FTX Central that a new installation of the libraries is needed either?

John

Awesome John.

Archived