Unable to install

akmatov

Details: 

Win7 x64

FSXSE

FSX install fail of file downloaded today from FSS, was FTXKMRY115.

File downloaded with Internet Download Manager, so likely a clean download

what else would be helpful?

FTX Registry Tool states "If your Orbx FTX AU SP3 DVD installer fails. . . " the text states this is not for installing FTXKMRY115.  However, tried and this resulted in "Orbx Registry Fix Tool - No simulators found. . . . Please try running FTX Central v2 at least one to get these files."

As far as I recall, FTX Central is installed with the installation of your first Orbx product.  However, FTX Central v2 is also listed as an install with the latest version of OrbxLibs.  However, this didn't work either.  After a period of several minutes of 'Not Responding' I got a window with the same problem, Please select, but no selections.

I have in the past installed dozens of Orbx products successfully, but now I'm totally stuck.  If there is any details that would be helpful, let me know what you need.

orbxlibs set up.jpg

Details: 

Win7 x64

FSXSE

FSX install fail of file downloaded today from FSS, was FTXKMRY115.

File downloaded with Internet Download Manager, so likely a clean download

what else would be helpful?

FTX Registry Tool states "If your Orbx FTX AU SP3 DVD installer fails. . . " the text states this is not for installing FTXKMRY115.  However, tried and this resulted in "Orbx Registry Fix Tool - No simulators found. . . . Please try running FTX Central v2 at least one to get these files."

As far as I recall, FTX Central is installed with the installation of your first Orbx product.  However, FTX Central v2 is also listed as an install with the latest version of OrbxLibs.  However, this didn't work either.  After a period of several minutes of 'Not Responding' I got a window with the same problem, Please select, but no selections.

I have in the past installed dozens of Orbx products successfully, but now I'm totally stuck.  If there is any details that would be helpful, let me know what you need.

orbxlibs set up.jpg

UPDATE

Further detail, when trying to install KMRY there was no FSS verification procedure, Order Number, Date, License Number.

Also, just tried to install the freeware Bowerman, it too failed to install and I got this popup

Help would be nice

Bowerman2.jpg

UPDATE

Further detail, when trying to install KMRY there was no FSS verification procedure, Order Number, Date, License Number.

Also, just tried to install the freeware Bowerman, it too failed to install and I got this popup

Help would be nice

UPDATE

Help would be nice

Thx, Ed.  In the first of the year I did a complete hardware computer rebuild, twice, what with that and the joys of reinstalling the OS and a motherboard that burned out resulting in a new rebuild and OS install I forgot about the FSX Registry Utility.  So this current version of my computer is basically a brand new physical and OS rebuilt.

Using the FSX Registry Utility I discovered that I had two Registry items pointing in different directions.  After following your instructions, the 'Please Select' issue was fixed and I got through the install.  EXCEPT the Orbx software didn't actually install.  I installed Orbx KMRY, an airport I actually know and have flown out of repeatedly as an Orbx airport.  Opening up the airport it didn't look like the Orbx KRMY, so I flew the trike down to the bay and the two piers were just sandbars with no building on them as there would be with the Orbx KMRY which correctly shows them as crowded with buildings.  Objective proof that Orbx KMRY was not actually installed.  An install process seemed to go forward, just without installing anything, there was no FSS Order Number, Date and License Key process.

One problem solved, but still something wrong.

Check the ORBX\FTX_NA folder, do you see KMRY? If yes, the installer has installed but the scenery entry has not been written. Go to Orbx/Scripts confirm you have a scenerylib_US_KMRY.cfg file and then run FTXConfigurator.exe. If you still do not see the scenery, check the scenery library, if its not there than there is still some inherent registry issue.

Check the ORBX\FTX_NA folder, do you see KMRY? - - - yes, a folder FTX_AA_KMRY

Go to Orbx/Scripts confirm you have a scenerylib_US_KMRY.cfg file  - - - yes, scenerylib_US_KMRY.cfg

run FTXConfigurator.exe  - - - not possible, so such file on SSD, did a full disk search

And what is this with no License Check?

Just looked over at FSS and I bought an appalling amount to stuff during the May sale and I can't get it to install :(

2 hours ago, akmatov said:

run FTXConfigurator.exe  - - - not possible, so such file on SSD, did a full disk search

Install Orbxlibs to get that file

2 hours ago, akmatov said:

And what is this with no License Check?

Once you have unwrapped an installer, your details are saved.

YES! LIFE IS GOOD :)

many thx, Ed.  I set things up on my old computer years ago and just flushed my brain pan.  I hate to ask, but was this series of steps in the Orbx Guide?  I was looking this morning as the sun came up and might have missed.

btw, is the FSS check not checking a new thing?  I'm sure I've had to refer back to my install spreadsheet to reinstall Orbx/FSS things in the past?

OK, I now have things installed, just one small problem.  After installing PNW the Pacific Ocean off the Washington coast turned into a forest!  Flew out of KMRY and the Pacific is desert there.  Before I installed the latest update for NCal there was water, now with the newer version it is desert. Will post as a separate problem.  Thx for all the help, going to write this up and save it as my way to get Orbx installed.

Archived