Glamorous Gal works the pattern in Asiago (LIDA)

dominique

Here is my second video with the same star. This time, Glamorous Gal flies the pattern in Asiago but in her very special way B)  ! I strove to be reasonably short (6'45"), improve my transitions ;) and show how thrilling the P-51 civ. can be and how beautiful Sylvain Delepierre's scenery is. Asiago is not only an airfield, Sylvain masterfully recreated the whole valley, and is an excellent base to fly the region.  

I am not too satisfied with the sound track ( a mangled word here and there and a not so nice engine sound in the replays). It may come from P3D/FSX poor replay function and the compression, I don't know.

If you care to comment, as I said in my last post, I'd rather have good constructive criticisms of the video and discussions about the aircraft/scenery than numbing compliments :) !

Very nice .... not boring at all!  Love the scenery.  Not sure about the "sound" problem.  I did notice a little engine miss during the vertical climb just before the rollover, but that may be normal. Maybe a little more power behind your voice for the older generation .... but that could just be me too.  Too bad we can't do captions with voice?  :)

Thanks, both of you

25 minutes ago, jlindblo said:

Very nice .... not boring at all!  Love the scenery.  Not sure about the "sound" problem.  I did notice a little engine miss during the vertical climb just before the rollover, but that may be normal. Maybe a little more power behind your voice for the older generation .... but that could just be me too.  Too bad we can't do captions with voice?  :)

Jim, I am a member of the older generation too so I sympathize and keep a note of your remark ;). If I do the voice over during the recording, it is OK  (the first audio segments), if I do it in post-processing, it is difficult to go over the engine drone even with the right option in MM and speaking really loud. It is a flaw of MM, I think. Now, you will tell me, do the voice over during the flight. Well, driving the P-51 requires concentration and can't do both :rolleyes: ! Safety first :lol:...

Yes, the scenery is great and free to the boot ...  

Thanks Rob, it is indeed the most difficult aircraft to takeoff of all that I have. Even the A2A P40 is easier. But with a lot of practice and reading the master, you can stay in one piece  ;).  Basically, put the stick a little aft to begin while slowly throttle up to 30". Let the speed build up, it will raise the tail, loosen the stick (no three-point take off below a safe TA speed !) then slowly (but without hesitation as the end of the runway may come fast) push the throttle to 55" (or 61" if the runway is short like in my other video in Z08).  Immediately correct any drift during the run. Pedals are, IMO, a necessity.

Archived