Lake Tahoe - KTVL / Northern CA App Crash

N987PL

I've installed Northern California FTX and then KTVL Airport.  This was my last ORBX install.....have installed several other FTX global sceneries without any issues, and am now experiencing app crash every time I locate any airplane to KTVL.  Detail is attached.  My system is ASUS Z87 TUF 1150, EVGA GTX 980 Ti, 16 G Corsair DDR3 Vengence, Samsung 840 PRO SSD, Corsair 1200i Power Supply.

appcrash_KTVL.docx

Wow....I've read that customers of ORBX rave about the support team and responses to problems.  I must be doing something wrong.  I had this posted in a different forum and a member suggested I post a new topic for quicker response.  Crickets......Anyone have any suggestions how I might get this answered?

Hi Misha,

I am experiencing the same problem. P3Dv3.3.5.17625. I can takeoff and land in default P3D a/c at any ORBX airport but as soon as I fly from KTVL, within a minute from take off; boom.. P3D CTD

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          6/10/2016 9:26:25 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      DESKTOP-K7LRFKD
Description:
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.3.5.17625, time stamp: 0x5758bb31
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.10586.306, time stamp: 0x571afb7f
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000dc7c9
Faulting process id: 0x158c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1c30924db88b3
Faulting application path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 4b7e6cbb-1be7-4793-9ef1-0f1a2b235149
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-06-10T11:26:25.594529100Z" />
    <EventRecordID>5544</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-K7LRFKD</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>3.3.5.17625</Data>
    <Data>5758bb31</Data>
    <Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>10.0.10586.306</Data>
    <Data>571afb7f</Data>
    <Data>c0000374</Data>
    <Data>000dc7c9</Data>
    <Data>158c</Data>
    <Data>01d1c30924db88b3</Data>
    <Data>D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>4b7e6cbb-1be7-4793-9ef1-0f1a2b235149</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Just resolved the issue... please refer to http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=117592#p130662

If you have Mytraffic professional installed, then please go to D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Scenery and rename Mytrafficmil.bgl to Mytrafficmilbgl.passive.

As a result of that, I could fly 2 circuits in any aircraft at KTVL without a hitch.. heavy stutters were evident after takeoff from runway 18  up the hill side but apart from that, all good.. Will do some more testing and report back if any issues arise.

Mario

Misha, could you please respond regarding the removal of the military traffic?  Also, I got the same results now that you mentioned above.  I get a little screen stutter on departure, but was able to fly yesterday departing KTVL without the crash.

• 1 month later...

Just checking again to see if an ORBX developer can respond to my question about having to remove the military traffic from My Traffic app.  Shouldn't your scenery work at KTVL like it does all over the world?  I don't have any issues with any other scenery area/airports I have purchased.  This issue has been open for over a month...:-(

Hi there,

KtvlAndMyTraffic.jpg

Ktvl 1.jpg

Ktvl 2.jpg

Ktvl 4.jpg

Ktvl 6.jpg

See these screenshots I took now. I have My Traffic with the file "Mytrafficmil.bgl" enabled.

With all due respect to the information collected, I think it is not very consistent.

One issue appears to you in a particular way according to  "what you have installed."

Each computer, as we know, behaves in a "personal" way. I think that's why they called this wonderful machine Personal Computer. LoL

Of course there are those issues that are general. In this case, I think they should cover at least 10% of the universe of the add-on installed.

Just IMHO.

Cheers,

Voyager

I have MT6 also and have had ntdll crashes. There has been a lot of talk about the cause being the mil.bgl in MT6 especially for some reason in North America scenery. I bought MT6 because it has Military as well. Another resolution offered has been to use the 2012 MT6 Schedule option versus the 2015 Schedule. You may want to try that option and see if it assists.

Archived