Issue Report - Road Traffic Invading Adelaide Int. (YPAD)

Lyn

I live quite close to Parafield (YPPF) and only km from YPAD.

Over the years I achieved a high level of realism at these two airports, using Freeware add-ons, EZ-Scenery etc. in FS9.

I can redo a lot of these enhancements plus some new work in FSX.

Firstly, I can only add to the massive support already heaped upon FTX. I was amazed at number of custom made buildings and the amount of detail in the Adelaide CBD, a huge surprise.

My problem is a traffic loop that enters the terminal, travels through the building, exiting onto the apron and after realizing where they are, rips through several other buildings in their panic to get out of the airport. Of course this loop does not exist. I do not feel like starting on my enhancements while this remains.

Is it possible for me to disable certain roads and traffic, if not I hope that you can correct this in a service pack.

I have exactly the same situation at YPPF, I will show some pictures of that in my next post.

I imagine that this problem could exist at other places, upsetting others wanting to create add-ons.

I read Holger's post explaining how this happens, and I understand how difficult is is to get it right.

Thanks again for a great Add-on, can't wait for the next one.

Lyn.

Posted Image

Thanks for the issue report. Clearly it's not acceptable to have public cars driving through terminals, onto airside and harrassing aircraft!  ;D ;D

The roads are based on Aust. Government data, so I expect that the default YPAD FSX is incorrectly located, and in fact the terminal should be moved east a little, thus allowing the loop road around the car park to function as it should.

We will look into tweaking this for you ok?

Thanks John,

The Airport may not be quite in the correct position, that would account for some of the problem.

The Airport road at the Int. Terminal is very different to this, and anyway it is not used by general traffic. From my point of view It would be better not to have through traffic at all. I'm sure that would not upset many people. 8) It would be easy enough for developers to put their own traffic in.

I will appreciate any-thing you can do to help.

Oh, and by the way, we don't have city tunnels here, this is lil old Adelaide we are talking about. ::)

Lyn.

John.

I think I know what happened. That loop serves what used to be the old terminal, and is still there but a lot further west of the new terminal.

The dual roads go right by the new terminal with a couple of roundabouts, then continues on to loop around to the old terminal. I hope I have explained it well enough.

Lyn.

Hi Holga, I appreciate your interest.

Probably depends on your point of view.

You could just terminate the dual road where it splits. That would clear the deck for improving the Int. Terminal, car parks, trees, fences etc.

Because the airport is not located correctly in reference to that dual road, it would still be in the wrong place.

To do a good upgrade you would have to go right back to the airport boundary,ie the main road.

Down there somewhere is IKEA, and just in off the main road is a service station.

No problem for a professional developer. Chris Hutching's YPAD Ver4 for FS9 is so good.

I use AFX, Instant Scenery and the like, so it would still be in the way.

But, when the payware YPAD is released, this will all be history. Then I can play around with that one. ;D ;D

Lyn.

Archived