ORBX KFHR - Friday Harbor

FlyingDuck

I have same problem with KFHR than before: the textures are on wrong altitude and for example in landings the runway got different kind of holes and so on. 

I also have PNW.

There also is texture flashing, white area flashes - mostly just after take-offs or while take-off. They are parts of seconds and usually only one time while one take-off.

Marko

20160510_223939_resized_1.jpg

20160510_223957_resized.jpg

Thank you John! I now loaded and installed that SP1. Haven't test it yet.

Now when configuration in ORBX KFHR Control Panel, there comes an error every time I try to make some change: "Both onPath and offPath don't exist for file: ORBX..."

KFHR_ERROR.jpg

I don't know what actually is that Dovetail - I only am a ORBX customer by buying the ORBX products. I have bought some of them via ORBX-sites and some via Steam. This Friday Harbor has bought from Steam. Also for example HD Trees is from Steam - and also with that one I have problems. I am not sure if the trees are HD Trees or not, "HD Trees" is not in list of installed products (ORBX Control panel, in Steam sites it is as "Installed") and not there in FSX's scenery list.

In istructions of KFHR and HD Trees is said that I have support here in support forum - not in somewhere else.

If it is kind of illegal or not recommended to buy anything ORBX products via other way than that one way please tell it for customers immediately. I am not interesting about business, I only am interesting of working products.

Marko

ORBX_2.jpeg

ORBX_1.jpeg

Hello Marko,

The versions of Friday Harbor and HD Trees that you bought via Steam from Dovetail Games are not

supported in these forums and you cannot apply an update from here to the Dovetail version.

They are installed as DLC via Steam and their file structure is quite different to the versions for

sale at the FTX site.

Here is the official statement and here is the Dovetail support page.

Sorry, I have no idea, having never purchased a DLC product via Steam.

Yes, the products are advertised as being by Orbx but have another read

and if you are sure that they say support for the products

is available at the FTX forums, make a complaint to Steam\Dovetail.

I will mark the topic as answered since you are now aware that the service pack

cannot be used with your product.

Yes, it is true that SP1 cannot be applied to the Steam/Dovetail version. It is not possible to even merge them to any good effect (trust me, I tried.) If you want to apply SP1, you should take advantage of the sale going on now. It does seem that the Orbx version with SP1 does use less memory, reducing OOM potential (although won't eliminate it - this is a highly memory intensive region.) I don't trust/expect Dovetail to release the update ...

As to your problem: You may have another library affecting Orbx's KFHR. Try this: Move KFHR to the #2 position in your scenery library stack (#1 should be Orbx LIBS) and see if the problem goes away. I had a similar problem, and the culprit was the (very beautiful) Victoria Plus scenery library.

Good luck,

Steve

Archived