Trees and Buildings on Airports

gwhess

Because my Versions folder disappeared, I reinstalled all ORBX products.  After the reinstallation, I had problems with elevations, trees in the water and on the airports, water where land should have been, and buildings between the runways.  No matter what I did, I was unable to solve the problem.  I ran the Vector Configurator several times to no avail.  Therefore, I decided to delete all ORBX products and start fresh.  My first product I installed was ORBX Global 140.  I installed the ORBXlibs as requested by FTX Central, then started FSX to check the scenery.  Much to my dismay, I still have a problem with trees and buildings.  I don't know what else to do, short of reinstalling FSX, which I hope won't be necessary.

Thank you,

Gary

Standard questions.

1-  Did you install the latest library files ?

2-  Did you after installing the library files, open FTX Central, and apply "Global"  as your active area?

5 hours ago, Penzoil3 said:

Standard questions.

1-  Did you install the latest library files ?

2-  Did you after installing the library files, open FTX Central, and apply "Global"  as your active area?

1. Yes I did.

2.  Yes, I applied Global, even though it showed it was already active.  Currently, Global is the only ORBX scenery I have installed.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Gary

11 minutes ago, TheGreenToad said:

I don't know if the FSX installer has a repair option. If so, you could try that first.

I'd stay away from the repair option and go with a complete reinstall.  The FSX repair option has been known to cause more problems than it solves.

When I was searching for similar problems to see how they were resolved, it seems that there was a post by Holger advising against using the repair option.  I may just bite the bullet and go for the complete reinstall, as I think that will be my only solution.

I appreciate everyone's input.

Gary

If I do perform a reinstall of FSX, when I reinstall my ORBX scenery, is it better to re-download it from the Flight Sim Store rather than use what I have backed up on my thumb drives?

Gary

Unless there is some reason to suspect faulty downloads, I wouldn't think re-downloading would be necessary.  After your FSX re-install, install your Orbx stuff one by one and test to see if everything runs ok.  For example, install Global first and then the Orbxlibs and then test a default aircraft to see if everything looks ok.  You'll find out quickly if Global is causing the problem.

OK, I just reinstalled FSX and Global 1.40.  Tested the sim by flying the default 172 out of Seattle-Tacoma International.  Everything good so far.  I would like to keep this support request open, if possible, until I have a chance to reinstall my other ORBX products over the next couple of days.

Thank you,

Gary

I have installed Vector, the PNW Demo, the Tasmanian Demo, and NA PNW plus the related patches and everything was good.  I just installed NA PFJ and got an error message when I opened FTX Central stating, "Terrain.cfg has no [LandClasses] section".  I ran the latest ORBXlibs again but that didn't correct the error.  I downloaded NA PFJ again from the Flight Sim Store and installed it, but got the same error message.  There is a Service Pack 004 for PFJ on the support page, but since it is dated April, 2014, and I purchased PFJ on 6/28/14, I don't think I need that.  I guess I need help again!

Thank you,

Gary

After my last post, I decided to do a search for this problem and tried Holger's method of making a backup copy of the terrain.cfg file and then pasting it into the main FSX folder, overriding the existing file.  Unfortunately, that did not solve my problem.

Gary

Archived