"Seasons" in Parry Sound (CNK4)?

BeaverDriver

Ok folks, I really need someone to tell me what I have set wrong here :wacko:! I was about to start a flight today out of Parry Sound (CNK4 - Payware version), which itself seems ok, but the surrounding terrain is covered in snow. I'm using today's date (22/May/16) and ASN for weather (the weather there today is sunny and about 20*C). However, a very large swath of Central Ontario is covered in snow despite the temps and time of year. Please see the screen shot that follows (note that North is facing right - see tags on image). Now, I have FTX Global enabled, I do NOT have Hybrid mode enabled, and the option for ice is DEselected in FTX Central. That swath of snow covers all the way over to Ottawa from near Sault Ste. Mare as far as I can tell (and some sporadic other locales as you can see). So, either I have something set incorrectly, or there is something going on with the environment that Orbx has some "inside information" on but isn't telling us; the upshot being that we should be buying stock in the oil producers :blink:.

Thanks for your help!

Glenn ("of the North" ;) )

Snow1.jpg

OK, problem solved. I had saved my default flight with ASN weather loaded from the winter. So when FSX booted up, it loaded the appropriate textures for that weather and the updated weather didn't clear them (and maybe it was I just didn't wait long enough). Anyway, I have resaved my default flight after first clearing all weather from FSX, then rebooted the sim. All is as it should be now. Hopefully that helps someone else in case they should run into a similar situation.

• 8 months later...
On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 3:59 AM, BeaverDriver said:

OK, problem solved. I had saved my default flight with ASN weather loaded from the winter. So when FSX booted up, it loaded the appropriate textures for that weather and the updated weather didn't clear them (and maybe it was I just didn't wait long enough). Anyway, I have resaved my default flight after first clearing all weather from FSX, then rebooted the sim. All is as it should be now. Hopefully that helps someone else in case they should run into a similar situation.

Had this problem late last night with Summer snow in SAK.

Did a search and found your topic and your solution.

Tried it and now no snow, just the beautiful scenery with Summer textures.

Next time I am in Canada Glenn, I will buy you a beer, many thanks.

How good are these forums, a quick search and this problem has been solved!:)

Archived