FSX Crashes when flying in the U.S.

UAL6532

Hello,

For some reason, when I do longer hauls, mainly in the US, my FSX stops working with the fatal error and only close program option.  This only seems to happen when I am doing airliner flights mainly in the US.  When doing these flights in other parts of the world, I don't seem to have the problem.  No issues with smaller general aviation flights.  Just mainly with airliners, high up at cruise altitudes.

This happens near large cities (almost always on approach to Seattle).  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything dealing with flight sim and all my ORBX sceneries.  I understand there could be thousands of reasons this happens.

I have done flights after a reinstall just before installing each scenery to try and catch the culprit, but it always seems to happen after I have everything installed. 

I would really like to know if there is a way to read a crash report. I would be happy to submit one to see if someone can pinpoint the problem.

What happens, usually an hour or so in my flight, it stops working and I get what is seen in the picture. This was taken at 36,000 Ft just south of Chicago. The FS stops, and hangs for about 30 seconds, then it says a fatal error happened and the MSFS has stopped working window shows up.  Nothing then happens until I click close program.

I really suspect it has something to do with ORBX scenery, REX essentials OD+, REX direct 4 textures, I all have installed.

Getting ready to wipe everything and do a clean install for about the third time.  Thinking of leaving the REX direct 4 textures out this time.

Thanks for the help and I apologize if there is already a post describing this problem.  I will gladly look at another post if there is one.

Mike

Capture.PNG

Thank you. I forgot to mention that I just upgraded to windows 10 and am currently trying to bug out the problem as well.

As for the event viewer, I am not very knowledgeable with that.  After I have it open, what am I looking for to copy and paste in here?

For my process, I think I am narrowing out the issue.  I think that after I get to cruising altitude, my active sky next may have something to do with it. After I posted my post, I tried to fly from Atlanta to Minneapolis again in a 737 (add-on), I noticed around the Chicago area, my ASN updated with weather and my sim crashed again.  Right now I am trying a flight with just the FS real world weather (ASN off) and so far have had no issues.  Next I will do the same, a flight from Minneapolis to Seattle with ASN and without.  If it crashes with it, I am thinking it has something to do with my ASN. Its funny though how this mainly only happens when I am flying airliners within the U.S.  I do have most of ORBX scenery loaded, just missing a lot of the airports.

Still think a complete re-install would be wise from switching to windows 10?

UPDATE,

Not the issue, just CTD on decent into Minneapolis. I am thinking a complete re-install will be needed.  I am having minor issues with other programs since this merge to windows 10.  Like with FSPassengersX (I know I am a little old school). 

Another update,

With the upgrade to windows 10, I decided to do a full re-install.  If this problem still persists after I complete the re-install, I will be happy to continue this post.  In the mean time, it can be marked complete if needed by the admin.  If there are instructions on what to post from the event viewer, or CTD report I have been reading about, that would be appreciated in the event I still have the crashes.

Thank you

Since today I am seeing crashes all over the place when trying to start in North America, US. I am able to Start in Bella Coola or Stewart. But I am unable to start in any airport which does not have a scenery installed.

Any idea?

On 23/5/2016 at 5:25 PM, UAL6532 said:

Another update,

With the upgrade to windows 10, I decided to do a full re-install.  If this problem still persists after I complete the re-install, I will be happy to continue this post.  In the mean time, it can be marked complete if needed by the admin.  If there are instructions on what to post from the event viewer, or CTD report I have been reading about, that would be appreciated in the event I still have the crashes.

Thank you

Hi, I ran fsx in win7 and I am experiencing the same crash issue while flying over the US. Did you find a solution?

Archived