Graphical issues

serialblack

I was wondering what could be the cause of this? I have tried reinstalling after completely removing FSX completely, including appdata files and registry entries, and only used this addon (All orbx base packs) and its still showing up. The squares you see in the shots randomly move around, but seem to slowly chew up memory.I cannot run above a medium setting while flying the majestic q400  for long without OOMs and seeing this stuff all north of cyyz and other random areas. I also use fly tampa Toronto airport, but it was worse when i didn't have that installed.

20160506073518_1.jpg

20160518083836_1.jpg

Hi there,

welcome to Orbx!

Those oddly morphing textures happen if the active landclass file calls for textures that the sim cannot find, thus using a random assortment. This can happen if the landclass file scenery entries are in incorrect order or the terrain.cfg file itself has become corrupted (see Stewart's link above).

However, in your case there seems to be a more basic problem as the second screenshot shows FSX default textures rather than the Global Base textures you should be seeing with Global Base installed. Did you perhaps move the location of the sim when re-installing? If so the Windows registry entry may be incorrect (there's a registry repair tool on our freeware page) and thus your installation incomplete. Also, did you use the current installers from your FSS account?

Last but not least any installation of Orbx products requires to also install the current libraries and then starting FTX Central and applying the Global group.

Cheers, Holger

Archived