FTX Central No Version Folder Found

gwhess

I tried to open FTX Central and got the "No Version Folder Found" error message.  I checked my ORBX\User Documents folder and noted that there is no Versions folder.  Several days ago everything was working fine.  I have made no changes to my computer, but this error message is now appearing.  I searched the support forum to see if others have had this problem, and they have.  I tried reinstalling the latest ORBX library update again.  This created a Versions folder, but the only file in it is for the ORBX library.  FTX Central now works again, but all of my ORBX products are missing from it.  Does this mean I am going to have to reinstall everything?

Thank you for your assistance.

Gary

Order Number FSSO480395

I'm guessing that, since I was unable to locate the original Versions folder, I need to reinstall my ORBX products.  If this is true, do I need to uninstall them first?  If I reinstall, I assume that I should install Global, Vector, and the regions I have before installing the airports.

Thanks,

Gary

the versions folder should be in your flight sim folder:

ORBX/User Documents/Versions

each airport or scenery has a txt file

naming convention for the files in the folder:

FTX_NA_CRM.txt

content is:

FTX NA CRM Central Rocky Mountains V1.00 Patch 005 November 2015

you could try creating a txt file with notepad for each of your products and see if that resolves your problem

Good luck

I did a complete reinstall of all of my ORBX products today.  FTX Central now works fine.  However, I have trees in the water off of Monterey Airport (KMRY) and water where it shouldn't be north of the airport.  I then tried Long Beach (KLGB) and there are trees lining the runway on either side.  I have run the AEC twice, but it doesn't correct these problems.

Gary

Yes, I reinstalled both the 151213 ORBXLibs and the 160321 ORBXLibs.  It has been my understanding (please correct me if I am wrong) that the libraries are cumulative.  Since the 160321 library states that it contains only a minor change, I decided to also reinstall the 151213 library, which I believe was a larger update.  I also went into FTX Central, applied FTX Global, and then applied North America again.  Still have the same problem.  If my libraries were out of date, wouldn't FTX Central notify me of that?

Gary

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 8:04 PM, gwhess said:

Yes, I reinstalled both the 151213 ORBXLibs and the 160321 ORBXLibs.  It has been my understanding (please correct me if I am wrong) that the libraries are cumulative.  Since the 160321 library states that it contains only a minor change, I decided to also reinstall the 151213 library, which I believe was a larger update.  I also went into FTX Central, applied FTX Global, and then applied North America again.  Still have the same problem.  If my libraries were out of date, wouldn't FTX Central notify me of that?

Gary

I have continued to experiment and have trees and buildings in the middle of every airport I have visited, except for the ORBX airports.  I have elevation problems at Homer.  I reinstalled Global Vector a second time and ran the AEC to see if that is the problem without success.

I just uninstalled Vector following John Venema's instructions posted on December 30, 2013 but the problem remains, so I know that Vector isn't the problem.  I am guessing that I may need to uninstall all ORBX products and start fresh, but before I do that I want to be sure that you know of no other solution.

Thank you,

Gary

Archived