Small rivers around CYSC

Hi,

CYSC is part of Global free airports package and I am very happy to have it, so thanks for that. 

I have 2 questions about possible modifications I could do :

1. Is there a way to remove the small rivers around the airport ?  I know these small rivers are part of Vector and I can disable those with the config tool, but I only want to remove those rivers for that airport only.

2. Is there a way (file to edit) to have the same ground texture all around (see in red circle in front of the building) ? 

2016-5-3_0-33-49-104.jpg

Thanks !

The only way would be to use ade or another scenery design program to exclude the water. If you do a separate exclude and put it below cysc in the scenery config file it should work. You could also add a file above to modify the apron texture. Hop this helps.

Larry

Hi there,

those small streams are actually textured vectors not polygonal water and thus would require a local exclude polygon with the "streams" tag. This can be done with ADE or SBuilderX or similar tools. As long as the compiled bgl resides above the Vector entries it would remove all streams touched by the exclude polygon.

The color of the airport apron textures is determined in the corresponding airport facilities file. Loading the CYSC file into ADE would show you the type of surface used in that area and you could then extend that type to other parts of the airport as desired.

Cheers, Holger

Archived