Problem: all textures are blurred and don't load

gaudintig

Hello,

I have bought ftx global base about a week ago and yesterday I bought and installed both Vector and LCEurope (I don't think the problem comes from these programs but I am just telling this as an information, plus the problem seemed to happen as I was only downloading these two program and thus they were not installed yet).

Everything used to work perfectly fine but recently (well, since yesterday morning) I experienced a really disturbing issue: all my ground textures are blurred, seem not to load and are frankly very ugly... But I am running on maximum settings and everything used to work perfectly fine, even in big cities like Osaka or Los Angeles (~20 FPS in that case) so I don't know why it became so ugly. It's like I am on low settings...

I attached some pictures to show you what I mean by "ugly textures".

1462789280-2016-5-9-12-11-1-94.png

1462789351-2016-5-9-12-11-9-444.png

1462789397-2016-5-9-12-9-33-620.png

1462789411-2016-5-9-12-10-48-667.png

1462789940-2016-5-9-12-24-45-125.png

1462790013-2016-5-9-12-24-55-367.png

1462789995-2016-5-9-12-24-36-220.png

I guess this is not what we're supposed to have with ftx global + vector + Europe and full settings, heh ? :/ again I repeat everything was working  fine on full settings, with at least 20 fps above big cities.

And yesterday it was even worse, I made an approach on Lyon and another on Geneva and everything was green, blurred and ugly with not a single building although no other program was running, with 60 fps and settings set on max... I didn't take pictures but just imagine a plate of spinach with butter and you can guess what the texture was looking like. Also, there were no reliefs, no roads, no buildings at all. Only an airport in the middle of a plate of spinachs...

At the moment, I defragmented my computer and used CCleaner to try to clean up my computer but it seems like it didn't solve anything... I am also looking for spywares or virus, the analysis is still undergoing but almost finished and nothing has been detected...

Please help me, because you can understand I am very worried and disappointed after all the investments I made to enhance my simulator and I hope it can be solved :'(

Tx for reading me and giving me clues to solve this issue.

Further informations:

- I attached my fsx.cfg file

- I am using REX4 texture direct with soft cloud, FTX global + vector + europe and 3D real cockpit effect with fsuipc

- And here is a diagnostic I made with Game Booster, I translated the important parts. I prefer to give you as many pieces of information as possible. This configuration was enough when I was using only global and rex 4 to keep at 20 fps above big cities and settings on full so I don't understand why everything became so ugly :/

Rapport de diagnostic Razer Game Booster v2.0  Version: 4.2.45.0
Date: 2016/05/09 12:33:43

----------------------------------
01 - Système d'exploitation (OS)

0101 - Système d'exploitation : Windows 10 Famille 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (10586.th2_release_sec.160328-1908)
0102 - Langue : French (Regional Setting: French)
0103 - BIOS : 0802
0104 - Processeur : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
0105 - Mémoire (memory) : 8192MB RAM
0106 - Mémoire OS disponible (OS memory available) : 8122MB RAM
0107 - Mémoire virtuelle (virtual memory) : 3975MB used, 5425MB available
0108 - Répertoire Windows : C:\WINDOWS
0109 - Version DirectX : DirectX 12
0110 - Paramètres de configuration DX : Not found
0111 - Paramètre de l'utilisateur DPI : Using System DPI
0112 - Paramètre du système DPI : 96 DPI (100 percent)
0113 - Graduation DWM DPI : Disabled
0114 - Version DxDiag : 6.03.10586.0000

02 - Processeur (processor)

0201 - Légende : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz x8 ~3401MHz
0202 - Fréquence d'horloge actuelle (clock frequency) : 800MHz
0203 - Cache L1 : 128,00 KB
0204 - Cache L2 : 1,00 MB
0205 - Cache L3 : 8,00 MB

03 - Adaptateur vidéo (video adaptator)

0301 - Nom de carte : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
0302 - Fabricant : NVIDIA
0303 - Type de puce : GeForce GTX 950
0304 - Type de DAC : Integrated RAMDAC
0305 - Touche de sélection : Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1402&SUBSYS_86DC1043&REV_A1
0306 - Afficher la mémoire : 4095 MB
0307 - Adaptateur de RAM : -2147483648 Byte
0308 - Mode actuel : 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
0309 - Nom de l'écran : Generic PnP Monitor
0310 - Nom du pilote : nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
0311 - Version du pilote : 10.18.0013.5582
0312 - Langue du pilote : English
0313 - Version DDI : 12

04 - Mémoire

0401 - Mémoire totale (total memory) : 7,93 GB
0402 - Mémoire libre (available memory) : 5,23 GB
0403 - Mémoire virtuelle totale (total virtual memory) : 9,18 GB
0404 - Mémoire virtuelle libre (available virtual memory) : 5,29 GB

0405 - Banque d'images : BANK 0
0406 - Rapidité : 2133 MHz
0407 - Profondeur totale : 64 Bits
0408 - Capacité : 8,00 GB

06 - Carte mère (motherboard)

0601 - Modèle : G11CD
0602 - Fabricant : ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

fsx.CFG

All these suggestions are for Testing the results only to see if it improves the situation

Looking at your FSX.cfg you may try

[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=6.500000 as your current setting shows 4.5. With FSX you can go even higher than 6.5 I believe.

Also lower your Texture_Max_ Load to 2048 or lower.

[GRAPHICS]
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048

Your problem is that the textures are not loading quick enough but the scenery itself looks OK, it just needs to snap into view quicker. I think the change in LOD will help.

It could be that you simply overload your system. You could try to lower your FSX settings and see if things get better. For FSX, a CPU speed of 3.4 GHz is not very much, I don't think it will handle maximum settings, especially with all the ORBX "goodies". Further, I cannot really see how much physical memory your graphics card has. Usually a GTX 950 comes with 2 GB, that might not be sufficient for running 4096 resolution textures.

What I would suggest: try FSX with its default settings first and see how it goes. Then you can gradually increase the settings until things start to get "ugly". Then you'll know where the sweet spot for your system is.

You could also look into overclocking your CPU, this will most likely have a quite big impact on what your system can handle, especially with FSX.

jjaycee1:

I changed the settings as you told but unfortunately the problem remains the same :/

thegreetoad:

I use a booster to run the game and my cpu is overclockable until 4ghz so this is what I do.

Well that's what I believed at first but as i told my computer was perfectly handling the settings on full even above really big cities, the textures were really beautiful etc and I was happy.

I tried to lower the settings but it seems like it just makes the things look even worse. :(

And yes I have 2GB. Now I have changed to 2048 resolution textures, although it used to work well with 4096 textures...

So maybe it is a hidden program that is running and impacting my system? But I didn't find anything with bitdefender :/

i'm gonna try again with changing the settings but still it seems that the textures can't load and it gets even worse :/

Yes, I confirm, changing the settings has no impact on the texture and just makes the things look worse :/ and I run on 25 fps on max settings so it should logically handle it ?

Do you think the problem may be that I added Vector and LCEurope ? Because it was working very well with only global base :/

Hmm, just to check: when you say things were running very well before, do you mean before installing Vector and LCEurope? Or did it also run well with Vector and LCEurope already installed? While Global Base does not increase system load by much, LCEurope and especially Vector does, so it would be expected that things get worse performance wise after installing Vector and LCEurope (you could try to deactivate some options in the Vector control panel).

Anyway, some more things you could try:
- lower UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT to something in the range of 20-30, or try unlimited (i.e. 0)
- increase TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT to 80 or 120
- delete the FSX shader cache folder

You say when no program is running, the system uses 40% of your 8 GB system memory? Even after rebooting the system? That seems unusually high to me, my system (also Windows 10 with 8 GB RAM) uses about 20-25% in idle state. You can check with Windows Task Manager what processes are running and how much memory they consume.

OK I've seen a couiple of things that might make a difference.  My recommendation would be to backup your fsx.cfg and then delete it.  Start FSX and let the sim build a new one.  Then go into the display settings and reduce your water effects to something like Low 2.x.  Reduce your autogen slider to normal.  Set your frame rates to 21 max.

Close down FSX and open up your new fsx.cfg and insert the following lines somewhere:

[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1

Save and close.

Also in your NVidia control panel you can play with the settings to optimise your display.  If you need to you an Google NVidia settings for FSX.

With your CPU and video card you should be getting good graphics, though individual computers can vary, and if something else in the background is taxing your system or your computer is not running perfectly that can have an effect.

Finally, the sort of scenery that you are displaying looks like the most intensive.  If you set the visibility to 30km which is pretty normal for much of Europe it might make a difference.

Here are three shots from my system of the same Fukuoka that you were flying around.  I have FTX Global and Vector installed.  I don't have REX installed so maybe you could try the default FSX textures as well.

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

4 hours ago, TheGreenToad said:

Hmm, just to check: when you say things were running very well before, do you mean before installing Vector and LCEurope? Or did it also run well with Vector and LCEurope already installed? While Global Base does not increase system load by much, LCEurope and especially Vector does, so it would be expected that things get worse performance wise after installing Vector and LCEurope (you could try to deactivate some options in the Vector control panel).

Anyway, some more things you could try:
- lower UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT to something in the range of 20-30, or try unlimited (i.e. 0)
- increase TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT to 80 or 120
- delete the FSX shader cache folder

You say when no program is running, the system uses 40% of your 8 GB system memory? Even after rebooting the system? That seems unusually high to me, my system (also Windows 10 with 8 GB RAM) uses about 20-25% in idle state. You can check with Windows Task Manager what processes are running and how much memory they consume.

I meant that eveything was running very well before installing vector and Europe.

I have already checked the task manager tool but I didn't see anything abnormal so I'm still confused about that :/

Ok I am going to try what you said after trying M. Dow's solution, if it is not sufficient. Thank you very much for your help.

"Finally, the sort of scenery that you are displaying looks like the most intensive.  If you set the visibility to 30km which is pretty normal for much of Europe it might make a difference. "

I just didn't understand well that part, what do you mean here ? I don't remember this setting in fsx.

7 minutes ago, gaudintig said:

I think i said this again, but it really came suddenly, my computer was running everything perfectly fine on full settings with global base and suddenly the problem occurred.

Sorry to ask again: do you say that your problem occurred also before you have installed Vector and LCEurope? I.e. did you see the issue you've described with only Global Base installed?

In fact I was still downloading vector and Europe when the problem occurred, so I guess these programs could not impact my system yet and thus we could say that the problem has been experienced while only Global base was installed.

Ah, I see, then I actually misunderstood the situation. It might have to do something with your system. Do you remember any other system changes that happened before the issue started, like Windows Update, driver updates, other software updates, new software installed, old software removed or anything else? Did the thing with the 40% RAM usage when idle somehow appeared at the same time?

In any case, you should add the "HIGHMEMFIX=1" setting to your config file as John Dow mentioned, this is something like a must for FSX. It also cannot hurt to delete the FSX shader cache folder and have FSX rebuild it again, this has sometimes solved other "mysterious" problems as well.

Thank you very much for your help, I'm struggling with my internet connection actually so I cannot post pictures, but after having the sim rebuild a fsx.cfg file and adding some of the lines you told me, it looks like the textures came back to normal, of course enhanced by vector and lceurope !

May I ask you where I can find this magical shader cache folder to delete it?

Also, the programs I have installed yesterday are internet download manager (to download ftx) and 3d real cockpit effect, but it is a small program that doesn't load the system very much so I don't think it can explain why the memory is so much used !

Btw I think except that I can estimate myself happy with the graphics as they are now  :)

Thank you very much for helping me guys !

Glad you've got the problem solved!

The FSX shader cache folder is "C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders". It contains the compiled shader programs that run on the graphics card. FSX usually maintains this folder automatically, but there can be situations when these compiled shaders get corrupt. So whenever you see strange graphical things, deleting this shader cache folder (FSX will automatically create a fresh one afterwards) could help.

Happy flying!

Archived