PAJN Elevation problems

Motormike

02/05/2016 #480271 Mike Franz, Germany Completed

Order #FSS0480271

ot0b81182d16788881703ee28a6574287a

Hello,

i bought several regions and airports for P3D. All works fine except PAJN. The airport looks good, but my airplanes are a few meter above the runway. 

Active is North America / Pacific Fjords, Pacific Northwest and Southern Alaska. Airports atm are PAJN (Elevation problem) and PAKT (Superb!) 

I attach a picture of my floating plane. Any solutions for this problem? 

Did a few more test with other parking spots, Gate G1 Cargo sets me above some houses, some gates set me above water. I am always to high and not at the correctt spots. (Ignore the black line in last picture, bad paint skills)PAJNelevation.jpg

Parkins spot.jpg

gateg1cargo.jpg

Hi there,

this type of issue typically happens if another add-on for that airport uses a different reference altitude but has higher display priority than our version. If you don't know which add-on that might be run a Windows Explorer search of your entire FSX directory for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *PAJN*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths. An example of that approach is http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107783-kors-elevation-issue/?do=findComment&comment=970703

Cheers, Holger

If that's Windows 10, it's just the same but not in the content view that you have,

I doubt that the Windows 7 or 8 has sliders in that view either, the columns are

horizontal.

Try the details view and you will see the sliders again.

Another one. 

If i choose at the start PAJN as Airport, i can select active runway and only 3 spots (2 of them spawn me above water, 1 above a house) where i appear. If the scenery is loaded and i float above the runway i can choose a lot more spots. Also i did a reinstall which did not help 

Don't know if that helps or is important ;)

regards

Mike

OMG, i have the solution. Thats the strangest failure i ever had in flightsim. 

Through an accident i have choosen another plane and it worked. Then i tried a few others and it worked, too. 

Going back to the A2A C182 with a Addon Livery - the failure was back. Then i have choosen A2A C182 with Original Liveries and it worked. 

It is just at this airport, all others worked fine. 

I have no explanation for this, how a liverie which worked on the way from EDDS til PAJN on all airports fine, can do such things 

regards

Mike

c182.jpg

Hi there,

good to hear you've figured it out. From your screenshots it was obvious that the airport itself was installed correctly so it had to be something else. Perhaps that particular aircraft has an issue with its contact points or other parameters in the aircraft.cfg file?

Cheers, Holger

• 4 months later...
On 5/8/2016 at 10:51 AM, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

this type of issue typically happens if another add-on for that airport uses a different reference altitude but has higher display priority than our version. If you don't know which add-on that might be run a Windows Explorer search of your entire FSX directory for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *PAJN*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths. An example of that approach is http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107783-kors-elevation-issue/?do=findComment&comment=970703

Cheers, Holger

Thank you Holger...I went through every file that I could find PAJN and deleted them.  I cleaned out the trash file first so I could restore them later.  I been working on this for 8 hrs. Cheez....And this is what I come up with. Those files did nothing to take away or enhance. So heres what the runway looks like now.  I have black runway with stripes 1st third of the runway, mesh, 2nd third of runway, mesh, 3 mesh 4, and runway lights at the west end. A little mesh in the middle of the taxiway. Now this is how I accomplished this in the scenery.

detail radius=Medium

mesh complexity=32

mesh resolution=152m

texture resolution=10m

scenery complexity=dense

Autogen Density=normal

Global Settings=Custom

With these sliders any higher the mesh increases.  Also with this setting I have the water on the other side of the runway.  I have tried to match it with another scenery to interact.  Nothing.  Nothing in World\scenery either.. I even downloaded PAJN where I bought it from, with anitvirus, and Malware disabled.  Theres is just one thing that will clean things up, and I have yet to run across it. 

Hi there,

the idea was that you post screenshots of the folder contents before removing or deleting anything; how else can we help you find incorrect files? It's most likely not a settings issue but instead some compatibility problem with overlapping files from different sources.

Cheers, Holger 

Archived