Help!! Can't install!!

Hello. I need some help for my installation process. I have FSX Steam Edition. After purchasing and downloading FTX GLOBAL, the Orbx Registry Fix Tool cannot detect my game. I tried to press 'change location' and go Computer/D Drive/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/FSX where my game is located. After choosing the location, it pops up a red box saying that 'Could not find simulator' (see attached pic). What can I do? Thanks!!

image.png

With a desktop as busy that, I'm not surprised it can't find anything :lol::lol::lol:!

Looking at that Explorer window to the left, don't you need to open the FSX folder then highlight/click on the actual FSX.exe file? I've never had to use the Fix Tool, so I'm guessing a bit.

Adam.

15 hours ago, Adam_NZ said:

With a desktop as busy that, I'm not surprised it can't find anything :lol::lol::lol:!

Looking at that Explorer window to the left, don't you need to open the FSX folder then highlight/click on the actual FSX.exe file? I've never had to use the Fix Tool, so I'm guessing a bit.

Adam.

Is it not a must to use the Fix Tool to have the scenery?! Also, may I know where the actual FSX.exe file is located? Thanks!! 

1 hour ago, Terence Pang said:

Is it not a must to use the Fix Tool to have the scenery?! Also, may I know where the actual FSX.exe file is located? Thanks!! 

I thinkk it's advisable to fix the registry for many reasons. Many other add-ons will need to reference that location on install.

There are a few "Fixer" tiools out there (including the one Nick suggested). If you look at the video here:

though it's not in English, you can see the path he uses at around 0:38 ... which is identical to your screenshot, where you're showing [cut] .../SteamApps/common/fsx.

It seems all you may have to do is try again and select "fsx.exe" (or just "fsx" if you have file exrtension visibility unset) inside that last folder. I think you just missed that last step.

Adam.

Thanks. I would like to share the good news to you that I have successfully let the computer to locate my fsx. But... When I press FTX Central 2, this (see attachment) appears. What does it mean and what can I do?

PS1: The second picture is my list of programs.

PS2: The attachments are posted in the next reply. I think there is some errors... I cannot upload them in this reply.

9 minutes ago, Terence Pang said:

Thanks. I would like to share the good news to you that I have successfully let the computer to locate my fsx. But... When I press FTX Central 2, this (see attachment) appears. What does it mean and what can I do? PS: The second picture is my list of programs. 

orbx.png

orbx..png

Hello again,

The message means that wherever FTX Central is looking, it finds no FTX products installed there.

I think that either the installer has put the files somewhere other than your FSX folder or FTX Central

is reading a registry entry that does not point to the same FSX folder.

Did you yet install the latest libraries?

How did you tell the computer the location of your FSX?

12 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello again,

The message means that wherever FTX Central is looking, it finds no FTX products installed there.

I think that either the installer has put the files somewhere other than your FSX folder or FTX Central

is reading a registry entry that does not point to the same FSX folder.

Did you yet install the latest libraries?

How did you tell the computer the location of your FSX?

Thanks for reply. The following is regarding the question 'How did you tell the computer the location of your FSX?'. 

I told the location of FSX by the  FSX Registry Utility that you have mentioned. I found that I have 2 FSX folders. One in D Drive, one in J Drive. The  FSX Registry Utility tells me that the J Drive is the correct one. Then I change location to the J Drive FSX folder and the COULD NOT FIND SIMULATOR message disappears. To avoid confusion, I also deleted the FSX folder in D Drive and try if there is any problems/ failures to run the game. Luckily, nothing bad happened. I tried to fly a few minutes and I think the FTX GLOBAL scenery is used. That means everything is doing good. That's why I am now thinking what the FTX Central 2 is actually for...

Now, I guess the problem is that my FSX is in J Drive, and the FTX global base pack is in the D Drive as shown in the attached photo. I am really mad now because I cannot change the location. It forces me to install the FTX global base pack in D Drive. (Attachment is in the next reply. You may ignore the background and focus on the blue box)

orbx...png

14 minutes ago, Terence Pang said:

Thanks for reply. The following is regarding the question 'How did you tell the computer the location of your FSX?'. 

I told the location of FSX by the  FSX Registry Utility that you have mentioned. I found that I have 2 FSX folders. One in D Drive, one in J Drive. The  FSX Registry Utility tells me that the J Drive is the correct one. Then I change location to the J Drive FSX folder and the COULD NOT FIND SIMULATOR message disappears. To avoid confusion, I also deleted the FSX folder in D Drive and try if there is any problems/ failures to run the game. Luckily, nothing bad happened. I tried to fly a few minutes and I think the FTX GLOBAL scenery is used. That means everything is doing good. That's why I am now thinking what the FTX Central 2 is actually for...

Now, I guess the problem is that my FSX is in J Drive, and the FTX global base pack is in the D Drive as shown in the attached photo. I am really really really mad now because I cannot change the location. It forces me to install the FTX global base pack in D Drive.

orbx...png

Hello Terrance,

3 hours ago, Terence Pang said:

I think I have succeeded!

I think you need to complete a step, FTXGlobal is not "Active" yet, as indicated with the word "active" after "FTXGlobal" and a blue vertical bar at the beginning of FTXGlobal Group. Please select FTXGlobal from the "Groups" panel on the left...., then on the right......,  click the "Apply Group" button.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016/5/7 at 8:36 PM, Jeff Gilmour said:

Hello Terrance,

I think you need to complete a step, FTXGlobal is not "Active" yet, as indicated with the word "active" after "FTXGlobal" and a blue vertical bar at the beginning of FTXGlobal Group. Please select FTXGlobal from the "Groups" panel on the left...., then on the right......,  click the "Apply Group" button.

Thanks!! I am just thinking why there is no night lighting!

Hi Terence,

Have you scrolled to the bottom of the FTXCentral list to find the checkbox for FTX global Vector Road lights (make sure it is checked). Have you also installed the "Global Lights Configurator" from here: https://fullterrain.com/freeware (Bottom of the page)

Unfortunately I'm away from my FS PC right now so can't help, I'll  Possibly have time on Wednesday when I get home. The current Topic was marked as Resolved, so maybe if you need help more quickly with Global lights (Not showing), it would be best to start a new topic.

Archived