hey Jarrad, about your Global airports and OpenLC US

Hi Jarrad

Will KSEZ, KEGE, KTEX work straight away in OpenLC US or will they need you do some adaptative work after OLCUS release? And also will they seamlessly blend in the OLCUS texture palette (thinking of red Sedona for instance).  Any pic :) ? 

Thanks

G'day Dominique, 

The team is focusing their attention on the eastern/northern half of the US at the moment, so I can't comment yet on how it the airports will shape up with OpenLC. But factor in mind that each of my four Global airports (including KPSP) come with a "buffer" zone of their own custom landclass extending beyond the PR coverage area; given that the airports all reside higher in your scenery library than any LC products, I wouldn't expect too many surprises (fingers crossed!). :) In the specific case of Sedona, I went a step further with the included LC and included non-standard landclass to better represent the red terrain you see to the south and west of the  PR coverage area - this is why you will find two entries for Sedona in your scenery library. You can see what the "default" global landclass looks like around the airport by disabling the FTX_AA_KSEZLC entry in your library - definitely a great deal less red!

Cheers,

Jarrad

7 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

G'day Dominique, 

The team is focusing their attention on the eastern/northern half of the US at the moment, so I can't comment yet on how it the airports will shape up with OpenLC. But factor in mind that each of my four Global airports (including KPSP) come with a "buffer" zone of their own custom landclass extending beyond the PR coverage area; given that the airports all reside higher in your scenery library than any LC products, I wouldn't expect too many surprises (fingers crossed!). :) In the specific case of Sedona, I went a step further with the included LC and included non-standard landclass to better represent the red terrain you see to the south and west of the  PR coverage area - this is why you will find two entries for Sedona in your scenery library. You can see what the "default" global landclass looks like around the airport by disabling the FTX_AA_KSEZLC entry in your library - definitely a great deal less red!

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thank you, Jarrad, appreciate your answer.

As I don't like to fly the default landclass, I've waited for the OLCUS release before buying these airports.  I hope that we can get some feedback from the beta-testing before the end of the sale and that the OLC desert textures (including the red desert when appropriate) will be as good as yours so they can match your own :)  ! If any more work is needed, it would be nice to know.

As Glenn, I am also extremely keen to fly again PSP in P3Dv3 and Socal. It pitifully gathers dust in a backroom of my SSD. Now way to treat a nice scenery like that ;) !

10 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

G'day Dominique, 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Great info Jarrad, and glad you have taken so much consideration of this already. 

16 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

G'day Dominique, 

The team is focusing their attention on the eastern/northern half of the US

Alright, some incentive to buy an airport.  Being a Midwest boy I've never had much interest in the west coast.

Archived