ORBX Norway

Baslar

Main problem is you have your sim installed on C drive in Programs. This is not recommended because it limits your rights and does interfere with the sim. I would suggest that ultimately you reinstall your FSX preferably to another Drive if you have one or back on to your C drive but NOT in Programs. Remember that if Windows screws up anytime you will probably lose the programs as well.  If you have you sim on another drive that problem is not relevant. Just create a folder in C drive, call it FSX and direct your FSX installation to that folder. I would reinstall Norway after you do the following:

For now run FSX and Central as Administrator and see if that helps. Also deactivate User Account Control in Windows.Here is a link on that

windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/turn-user-account-control-on-off. 

You see in your message on your attachment that your access to the Traffic program is denied.

Hi jjaycee1

Thanks for your reply.

I am totally confused here. Do you mean my game is installed in the wrong place?? I did not install it there in the first place, my computer came with FSX already installed in Programs (x86) and as far as I know that is where it should be. I also have Admin rights.

Or do you mean my ORBX scenery is in the wrong place?

Will I have to completely reinstall the game. Never had that trouble before. My game is installed on my main SSD drive.

Cheers, Barrie

Hello Barrie,

There isn't a right and wrong place, except the Windows folder and Program Files.

However, Windows is very protective of files installed to C:\Program Files (x86).

Access to the file might be gained changing your permissions,

something I don't know how to do and/or ensuring that nothing else is

accessing it at the same time, such as real time virus checking.

Make sure also that your simulator is set to run as administrator, the fact that you are

logged on as one does not make this happen.

Do you have trouble with any other files from the scenery\world\scenery folder?

Archived