KFHR Service Pack 1 over Steam-Installed Package

Steve707

KFHR was first released through Steam before it was available through direct download. It worked fine, but I was never sure where the scenery files landed (nor did I care.) But, with the release of SP1, I realized that KFHR is not visible in FTX Central 2 and cannot be configured or updated using that tool.

So, I downloaded SP1 from the Orbx Support page and ran the install. Now, KFHR is visible in FTX Central 2, but the Configure tool cannot find a number of bgl files needed to toggle the various features on/off, and so Configure doesn't work.

I did a brief flight over San Juan Island, and the scenery looked sound, but I couldn't tell if it was accessing the SP1 updates.

What is the best way to repair this install so Configure works and I know that the region is working properly as well?

- Steve

Hello and welcome to the forums.

The version bought from Steam is not the same as the version from FSX, not

least because the file structure is very different.

The service pack available here is not compatible with the "Steam" version.

The two products are entirely separate and if you need support for your version

you should approach Dovetail.

Thank you for  taking the time to reply, Nick. Will this update become available through Dovetail? It is an Orbx product - does Orbx continue to support its products when they are released through Dovetail?

Thank you,

Steve

Hello Steve,

While the product was developed by FTX, it was then handed over to Dovetail and

it is therefore their product.

It receives no support from FTX and you would need to direct your question to

Dovetail.

I had no idea, so I have installed it into an empty folder.

I can tell you that it adds:

To scenery\world\scenery 2W4_ADEX_TRB_ALT.BGL

To ORBX\User documents FTX San Juan Island.kmz and KFHR User Guide.pdf

To ORBX\User documents\Versions  FTX_US_KFHR.txt

To ORBX\Scripts orbx_cpl_KFHR.xml

To ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW06_CVX\Scenery 0_cvx_FTX_PNW_water_subset_SanJuan.bgl and cvx_SanJuan_terrain_exclude.bgl

To ORBX\FTX_NA FTX_AA_KFHR

Wow, thanks for taking the time to do this! I'm not sure if it's even being utilized at this point. I do know that I experienced the very (unusually) long load times that others have reported after applying v1.10 - so that is one thing I'll try to address. Otherwise, really enjoying the scenery there!

On a related note, please pass on to Ed Correia, if possible, that he should amend his release note to say that the upgrade is not compatible with the Dovetail-installed version.

Thank you again,

Steve

I have the same problem as the OP.

I bought Orbx KFHR from Steam as it was pre-released there and I confess I coudn't wait for it. However, despite other Orbx products, I was never very satisfied with the performance. It is the only scenery where I constantly suffer OOMs. I also wrote a detailed report on AVSIM at that time.
Another detail I noticed is that at the download the product is automatically installed into the root directory under:

DLC\379234 and

DLC\379235

each with their own subfolders, instead as in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_NA

as expected for an NA regional airport. This resulted, among other things, in FTX Central not "seeing" it as any other Orbx product.

Today I read the announcement by Ed Correia about the release of KFHR 1.10 and downloaded it. It installed fine and finally appeared in FTX Central, however, when i clicked on Configure, I got the following message:

woR8xlf.jpg

Now I read that KFHR from Dovetail is a distinct product than KFHR sold by Orbx and no support is provided for those who bought it from Dovetail. I installed 1.10 and I am pretty lost.

35 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello and welcome to the forums.

You have correctly identified the principal differences between the two

products and your answer is the same as the one you can read above.

Yes Nick, I read your answer above and I understand your point: Orbx will not offer support for that product. Message received.
I will contact Dovetail. Anyway please let me state, as a buyer of not less than 40 Orbx products and a proud Orbx supporter who is probably going to spend more 70 Euros or more in this may discount offer, that I am not particularly happy this time. I was not aware that both products were different and that no support would be given by Orbx for Dovetail buyers. The communication we received at that time was that KFHR would be eventually released for all customers and pre-released exclusively for Steam customers. This is all we knew.
I am the last one who you will see bashing Orbx, I am simply trying to make a point that I would expect more help and more support for this airport.

Thanks again for your time.

Archived