where Water is dont know what to do

[MOD: topic title altered - no CAPS please]

Hi I finally made the switch to P3Dv3 over the past weekend. I have global base , global vector and orbx regions CRM,NRM,SCA,NCA,PNW along with all the FSDT sceneries and Flightbeam sceneries and FlyTampa Sceneries etc. I installed Taxi2gate KSEA and FlightBeam KSFOHD for P3Dv3. I took off from Seattle to notice that the water was not showing. It wall covered with land and trees. I also noticed when landing in KSFO that the ocean was land and the bay was all land. I was approaching ILS 28R and it was all land. If someone could please help me with this issue I would really be thankful. I have older system compared to what people have. I build my computer 3 years ago. I3770k intel, asus motherboard, Samsung SSD, 12Gb Ram, antec 920 water cooler, 750 power supply, a EVGA GTX 970 ftw+ video card. So I think my system should be able to handle it I hope.

Welcome to the forum(s). Try switching between Global and PNW a couple of times in FTXCentral2. Be sure to hit the "Apply" button everytime you change regions or switch to Global. Switching like this will reset the scenery library and often solves the problem your having.

Doug

Make sure you have installed everything in the correct manner and sequence. Think about from the ground upwards for installations eg Global base, mesh, Vector, FTX Regions. Then go to Central and Apply the region you want to start to install any FTX airports to. If NA airports then choose and apply North America. Install any FTX airports.Then start installing your non FTX addons. Make sure all the non FTX addons are above FTX in the scenery library by looking at the Tools section in Central, Library Insertion option, and move all your non FTX addons above the FTX point (in Yellow). Once you have done all that, install the latest orbxlibs 160321. Then click on a region and apply and then apply another region or Global and then  select North America and apply. Finally you must run the Vector AEC tool. Then open the sim and choose your airport etc and fly now, and see if that has corrected things. I see you have some non FTX addons, so you must make sure they are compatible with FTX installations. There is a forum section for that here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/80-ftx-compatibility-forum/

• Tim Harris changed the title to where Water is dont know what to do
On 4/29/2016 at 9:33 AM, Delmarman787 said:

[MOD: topic title altered - no CAPS please]

Hi I finally made the switch to P3Dv3 over the past weekend. I have global base , global vector and orbx regions CRM,NRM,SCA,NCA,PNW along with all the FSDT sceneries and Flightbeam sceneries and FlyTampa Sceneries etc. I installed Taxi2gate KSEA and FlightBeam KSFOHD for P3Dv3. I took off from Seattle to notice that the water was not showing. It wall covered with land and trees. I also noticed when landing in KSFO that the ocean was land and the bay was all land. I was approaching ILS 28R and it was all land. If someone could please help me with this issue I would really be thankful. I have older system compared to what people have. I build my computer 3 years ago. I3770k intel, asus motherboard, Samsung SSD, 12Gb Ram, antec 920 water cooler, 750 power supply, a EVGA GTX 970 ftw+ video card. So I think my system should be able to handle it I hope.

I will say that something did not get installed into the scenery library in the correct order.  You do not have to start over, but may have to uncheck your scenery layers starting at each area you will have a conflict with.  Since you sound like you are flying tubes, try not using/using the Hybrid mode; that is if you are flying distances out of an Orbx region.

Once you narrow the complaints down to a couple of issues, then re-post your individual issues in here or the compatibility issue.

There is really not a single answer to what you are asking.  From what I am reading you loaded everything at once and then checked it was compatible or working.  3.2 is not even close to 2.5.  I would first like to know if ALL of your mentioned software is v3 ready?

hey guys thanks so much. I fixed the problem. I had to make sure the scenery library was in the correct order. all my add on FSDT, FLytampa up top. Then FTX and OLC I had them switched. I used the insertion point tool in FTX central and it fixed the problem. YAYYYYY

Archived