FTX Au Ai traffic & My Traffic 6

Hi Folks,

I am not sure if I should have posted this in here or the 'Compatibility' sub forum.

Firstly, thanks for the P3D v 3 FTX Ai Traffic update.

I am sure I read on here once before that you need to delete some 'My Traffic 6'  .bgl files to avoid doubling up of traffic with the ORBX package?

The reason I ask is that I like using the ORBX package for 'Oceania' and My Traffic 6 can populate the rest of the world so to speak.

Thanks for any assistance

Kind Regards Dave

You traffic files are in bgl format and the AU ai traffic files are in your Scenery\World\Scenery folder and are Traffic_FTX International Airlines, Traffic_FTX GA Traffic and Traffic_FTX Aust-NZ Airlines. To disable those you would do as in the following example:

Traffic_FTX GA Traffic.OFF and it will be disabled.

In order to disable the MT6 traffic is slightly more significant because you would have to do the same "OFF" option but in MT6 folder go to the Scenery folder and search for the Traffic files MyTraffic commercial, My TrafficGlobal and MyTraffic Military. and do the adding "OFF" to the traffic you wish to disable. Be aware though that unlike the AU traffic bgl, in MT6 you will be disabling ALL worldwide traffic not just AU.

The simplest way is to achieve the objective is to use the freeware AU traffic when flying in Oceana and de-activating MT6 in the sim Scenery library by unticking it.

I use SimStarter which does all that for me, so that when I choose Oceana in Central, SimStarter automatically deactivates MT6 and I am left using FTX AU traffic. When i go out of Oceana Simstarter will automatically reactivate MT6.

Hope the above helps and is not too detailed an explanation. Just thought i would give you ALL the options !

53 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

You traffic files are in bgl format and the AU ai traffic files are in your Scenery\World\Scenery folder and are Traffic_FTX International Airlines, Traffic_FTX GA Traffic and Traffic_FTX Aust-NZ Airlines. To disable those you would do as in the following example:

Traffic_FTX GA Traffic.OFF and it will be disabled

Or you could go to the FTX AU AI Traffic Control Panel in FTX Central 2, which should be on your desktop, and activate or deactivate as appropriate.

I can't help with My Traffic 6 though as I do not have it.

Hi Graham. Valid point. however i was thinking that the OP may want to be using your fine AU traffic file when in AU/Oceana as it does not greatly interfere with traffic outside of that region, but certainly does enhance AU/NZ. There is no need for the OP to have MT6 active as well because it can overload the traffic for example if he sets his airline ai at 40% he is getting that percentage from both traffic files. Can cause double parking at airports etc and effect performance.

Archived